Watch the accompanying MMWR animated video about COVID-19 community spread.
virus solid icon The following list presents timely examples of how EIS officers and alumni collaborate with one another and with public health experts to contribute to the progressive body of knowledge as they respond to public health threats, such as the current COVID-19 pandemic. These publications include EIS officers and alumni as contributing authors.
- COVID-19 Outbreak Associated with a 10-Day Motorcycle Rally in a Neighboring State — Minnesota, August–September 2020
CDC Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report, November 20, 2020.
- Special Diets Among Adults: United States, 2015–2018
CDC National Center for Health Statistics Data Brief, November 3, 2020
Listen to the podcast
- Dietary Supplement Use in Children and Adolescents Aged ≤19 Years — United States, 2017–2018
CDC Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report, October 30, 2020.
- COVID-19 Outbreak Among Employees at a Meat Processing Facility — South Dakota, March–April 2020, CDC Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report, August 7, 2020.
- High COVID-19 Attack Rate Among Attendees at Events at a Church — Arkansas, March 2020, CDC Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report, May 22, 2020.
- Characteristics and Clinical Outcomes of Adult Patients Hospitalized with COVID-19 — Georgia, March 2020, CDC Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report, May 8, 2020.
- Community Transmission of SARS-CoV-2 at Two Family Gatherings — Chicago, Illinois, February–March 2020, CDC Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report, April 8, 2020.
- First Case of 2019 Novel Coronavirus in the United Statesexternal icon, New England Journal of Medicine, January 31, 2020.