Instructions for Obtaining Continuing Education (CE)
The deadline to complete CE is June 3, 2019.
- Course Number: CM4134
- Course Title: 68th Epidemic Intelligence Service (EIS) Conference – Atlanta, GA
- Course Access Code: Please refer to your printed EIS Conference program book for the access code.
FEES: There are no fees for CE.
- Discuss the public health importance of the investigations presented.
- Describe the EIS officers’ role in the development of investigational studies presented.
- Describe the epidemiologic methods used during the EIS officer’s investigations.
- Identify the limits on conclusions from available data.
- Discuss any unresolved issues related to the EIS officer’s investigation.
- Describe control and prevention recommendations based on investigation results.
- Discuss the collaboration between laboratory and epidemiology disciplines, the public health influence of laboratory science, and the scientific approach to laboratory safety and quality.
- Describe the importance of inter-professional collaboration in public health, the field and emergency response.
CME: The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME®) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention designates this live activity for a maximum of 22.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
CNE: The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention is accredited as a provider of Continuing Nursing Education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
This activity provides 21.1 contact hours.
CEU: The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention is authorized by IACET to offer 2.2 CEU’s for this program.
CECH: Sponsored by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, a designated provider of continuing education contact hours (CECH) in health education by the National Commission for Health Education Credentialing, Inc. This program is designated for Certified Health Education Specialists (CHES) and/or Master Certified Health Education Specialists (MCHES) to receive up to 23.5 total Category I continuing education contact hours. Maximum advanced level continuing education contact hours available are 0. CDC provider number 98614.
AAVSB/RACE: This program was reviewed and approved by AAVSB RACE program for 26.0 hours of continuing education. Participants should be aware that some boards have limitations on the number of hours accepted in certain categories and/or restrictions on certain methods of delivery of continuing education. Please contact the AAVSB RACE program if you have any comments/concerns regarding this program’s validity or relevancy to the veterinary profession.
FOR CERTIFIED PUBLIC HEALTH PROFESIONALS (CPH): The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention is a pre-approved provider of Certified in Public Health (CPH) recertification credits and is authorized to offer 27.0 CPH recertification credits for this program.
DISCLOSURE: In compliance with continuing education requirements, all presenters must disclose any financial or other associations with the manufacturers of commercial products, suppliers of commercial services, or commercial supporters as well as any use of unlabeled product(s) or product(s) under investigational use.
CDC, our planners, presenters, and their spouses/partners wish to disclose they have no financial interests or other relationships with the manufacturers of commercial products, suppliers of commercial services, or commercial supporters. Planners have reviewed content to ensure there is no bias.
Content will not include any discussion of the unlabeled use of a product or a product under investigational use.
CDC did not accept commercial support for this continuing education activity.