Attending EIS Conference
We are canceling the 69th Annual Epidemic Intelligence Service (EIS) Conference scheduled for May 4-7, 2020, in Atlanta, GA. This cancellation is due to:
- updated CDC guidance which recommends that for the next 8 weeks, organizers cancel or postpone in-person events that consist of 50 people or more throughout the U.S., and
- engagement of most of our EIS officers, LLS fellows, and their supervisors as responders to COVID-19
We are in the process of notifying speakers, registrants, and our partners. If you made any flight or hotel room reservation(s), you are responsible for cancelling them. Since there are no registration fees for the conference, no further action is needed regarding conference registration.
We recognize and appreciate the many contributions to the COVID-19 response of EIS officers, LLS fellows, their supervisors, EIS and LLS alumni, and others who would normally attend EIS conference. We look forward to seeing all of you at the 2021 EIS conference.
The annual EIS conference is the nation’s premier epidemiology conference where EIS officers share their work in leading-edge investigations, scientific findings, and forward-thinking strategies to inform improvements in public health—all while gaining valuable presentation experience. EIS officers engage in professional networking sessions, recognition ceremonies and various learning opportunities.
Free and open to the public, this conference draws a diverse attention each year from various public health sectors around the world—from epidemiology and laboratory science sleuths and public health organizations to EIS alumni, news media, and prospective applicants.
- Room reservations made at the Sheraton Atlanta Hotel for EIS conference group rate have been cancelled automatically.
- Registrants who made other arrangements through a travel agent, airline, or different hotel should contact them directly to cancel.
- No action is needed to cancel event registration.
Re-cap the 2019 EIS Conference, April 29–May 2
CDC Director and ATSDR Administrator Robert R. Redfield, MD, kicked off the 68th annual conference of the Epidemic Intelligence Service (EIS) on April 29, 2019. This year’s conference attracted 2,018 attendees from across the world.