Health Policy and Health Services
Health policy and health services research examines the effect of health policies and system-based approaches on the risks and outcomes of type 2 diabetes for various population groups.
- Natural Experiments for Translation in Diabetes 2.0 (NEXT-D2) Study
The NEXT-D2 study uses the collective input of the partner network to examine the effect of major population-targeted policies and interventions on diabetes prevention and control, and evaluate the circumstances that guide the evolution of policies and programs to improve diabetes care and prevention. NEXT-D2 is a follow-up to the NEXT-D study that was mandated by health care legislation to evaluate health policies and interventions used by health care systems, businesses, and communities to reduce diabetes risk, complications, and health inequalities across broad segments of the US population.
- Impact of Health Policies and Programs on Type 2 Diabetes: Results From the NEXT-D2 Partner Network. View summary
- The Natural Experiments for Translation in Diabetes (NEXT-D2) Network Supplementexternal icon: Current Issues in Diabetes Care and Prevention
- Siegel KR, Gregg EW, Duru OK, Shi L, Mangione CM, Thornton PL, Clauser S, Ali MK. Time to start addressing (and not just describing) the social determinants of diabetes: results from the NEXT-D 2.0 network.external icon BMJ Open Diabetes Res Care. 2021 Dec;9(Suppl 1external icon):e002524.
- Garabedian LF, Zhang F, LeCates R, Wallace J, Ross-Degnan D, Wharam JF. Trends in high deductible health plan enrolment and spending among commercially insured members with and without chronic conditions: a Natural Experiment for Translation in Diabetes (NEXT-D2) Study.external icon BMJ Open. 2021 Sep 13;11(9):e044198.
- Furmanchuk A, Liu M, Song X, Waitman LR, Meurer JR, Osinski K, Stoddard A, Chrischilles E, McClay JC, Cowell LG, Tachinardi U, Embi PJ, Mosa ASM, Mandhadi V, Shah RC, Garcia D, Angulo F, Patino A, Trick WE, Markossian TW, Rasmussen-Torvik LJ, Kho AN, Black BS. Effect of the Affordable Care Act on diabetes care at major health centers: newly detected diabetes and diabetes medication management.external icon BMJ Open Diabetes Res Care. 2021 Jun;9(1):e002205.