CDC’s Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD) Initiative is designed to provide comprehensive public health strategies for promoting kidney health. These strategies seek to prevent and control risk factors for CKD, to raise awareness, to promote early diagnosis, and to improve outcomes and quality of life for those living with CKD. Learn more about the CKD Initiative.
Learn about chronic kidney disease, including risk factors and symptoms.
Find information on managing risk factors to protect your kidneys.
Find articles, educational resources, and more on CKD and related health topics.
Learn about CDC's public health strategies for promoting kidney health.
Spotlight on CKD
News and features about Chronic Kidney Disease and related health issues
- Emergency Help for Kidney Patients
- 2017 National Chronic Kidney Disease Fact Sheet [PDF – 1 MB]
- Info Cards on Chronic Kidney Disease and Diabetes
- Vital Signs: Native Americans with Diabetes
- Dialysis Safety
- Page last reviewed: April 3, 2018
- Page last updated: April 3, 2018
- Content source: