CDC’s Division of Diabetes Translation (DDT) funds state and local health departments to support programs and activities to prevent or delay the onset of type 2 diabetes and to improve health outcomes for people diagnosed with diabetes.
Funds all 50 states and the District of Columbia; addresses diabetes management and type 2 diabetes prevention.
Builds on activities initiated under 1305 to enroll high burden populations in the National DPP lifestyle change program to prevent or delay type 2 diabetes.
The National Association of Chronic Disease Directors features successful examples of states’ work on past funding opportunities (1305 and 1422).
DIABETES SPOTLIGHT & EVENTS
RELATED PROGRAMS AND RESOURCES
Associated type 2 diabetes prevention and management programs.
- National Diabetes Prevention Program (National DPP)
- American Diabetes Association (ADA) Education Recognition Program
- American Association of Diabetes Educators (AADE) Diabetes Education Accreditation Program
- Diabetes Self-Management Education Support (DSMES)
- National Association of Chronic Disease Directors (NACDD): 1305/1422 Resources
- National Diabetes Education Program
- Page last reviewed: December 28, 2018
- Page last updated: December 28, 2018
- Content source:
- Maintained By:
- National Center for Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion, Division of Diabetes Translation