Training and Capacity Building
Enhance your professional development with webinars and videos. Learn new approaches for engaging communities, increasing cultural competence, and promoting diabetes prevention and management. Credit is available for some webinars.
Webinars and Videos
- Communication, marketing, and engagement tools for:
- National DPP Coaches delivering the National Diabetes Prevention Program lifestyle change program
- Diabetes self-management education and support
- Reaching and motivating people with diabetes and those at risk for type 2 diabetes
- Building a social media strategy
- Creating culturally relevant materials
Health Communication and Marketing Toolkit, full version [PDF – 9 MB]
These easy-to-understand modules guide you through the process of developing a health communication or marketing plan to address diabetes management or type 2 diabetes prevention.
Discussion Guides and Material
New Beginnings Guide
New Beginnings uses stories, activities, and facilitated discussion to address the emotional impact of diabetes. It focuses on helping people with diabetes and their families manage diabetes and build positive, supportive relationships.
Road to Health
Designed for Community Health Workers/Promotores de la salud serving African American and Hispanic Latino communities, the Road to Health Toolkit provides materials to start a community outreach program to help people prevent or delay type 2 diabetes.