Related Program Links
Listed below are links to additional websites containing various information on the Act/EEOICPA and other compensation programs for radiation exposure.
- DOL Division of Energy Employees Occupational Illness Compensation
- DOL District Office’s Toll-free numbers:
- District Office 1 (Jacksonville, Florida): 1-877-336-4272
- District Office 2 (Cleveland, Ohio): 1-888-859-7211
- District Office 3 (Denver, Colorado): 1-888-805-3389
- District Office 4 (Seattle, Washington): 1-888-805-3401
DOL Resource Centers Websiteexternal icon
- Call toll-free 1-866-888-3322 to find the resource center nearest you
- DOL Ombudsman’s Office:
- DOE Office of Health, Safety and Security: Energy Employees Occupational Illness Compensation Program Websiteexternal icon
- DOE’s Toll-free number: 1-800-342-5363
- DOE’s EEOICPA Covered Facility List Databaseexternal icon
- Oak Ridge Associated Universities (ORAU) Websiteexternal icon
- ORAU’s Toll-free number: 1-800-790-6728
- ORAU supports National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health Radiation program for former energy employeesexternal icon
- Oak Ridge Associated Universities (ORAU) Team’s Dose Reconstruction Project Websiteexternal icon
Department of Justice: Radiation Exposure Compensation Act (RECA) Websiteexternal icon
The Department of Justice administers the Radiation Exposure Compensation Act (RECA) which covers uranium miners, military veterans involved in atmospheric nuclear weapons tests and civilians living in areas downwind of the atmospheric nuclear test (“downwinders”).
Department of Veteran Affairs Websiteexternal icon
- Benefits Overview for Radiation Exposureexternal icon
VA Programs for Veterans Exposed to Radiation pdf icon[99 KB (4 pages)]
The Department of Veterans Affairs provides special health care services to certain veterans who were exposed to radiation while on active duty. These veterans are also eligible for the other benefits offered by VA to most veterans, such as home loan guarantees, educational payments and, in certain circumstances, survivor benefits.