Dose Reconstruction Technical Support Contractor
On April 1, 2014, NIOSH awarded a contract to Oak Ridge Associated Universities (ORAU) to continue support of our activities under the Act. We originally awarded the contract to ORAU on September 11, 2002, and last renewed it on April 27, 2009. The 2014 contract is for one year with four, one-year extension options.
- Database management;
- Data collection related to claims and petitions;
- Evaluation and processing of Special Exposure Cohort Petitions;
- Dose reconstruction research;
- Claimant phone calls;
- Dose estimation and reporting; and
- Technical and program management support.
ORAU is a group of American universities that works to advance scientific research and education through academic partnerships with national laboratories, government agencies, and private industries.
researches health risks from work hazards,
assesses environmental cleanup,
responds to radiation medical emergencies, and
supports national security and emergency preparedness.
Their activities include:
dose reconstruction, and
health screening for workers possibly exposed to radioactive material, beryllium, or other toxins.
The ORAU dose reconstruction project team includes Health Physicists, industrial hygienists, scientists, and support staff from all three partner organizations and from several specialty subcontractors. Dade Moeller specializes in occupational and environmental health sciences. MJWTS is a radiological consulting company that provides professional and technical services to the nuclear industry. Please see ORAU’s dose reconstruction project website for more information on the ORAU team.
- Oak Ridge Associated Universities (ORAU) Dose Reconstruction Support Contract
- April 27, 2009 Solicitation, Offer and Award [309 KB (53 pages)]
- September 11, 2002 Award/Contract [266 KB (41 pages)]
- Attachment 1: Table 1–Examples of Information Potentially Useful for Dose Reconstruction [173 KB (3 pages)]
- Attachment 2: Non-SEC Cancers Received by DOL as of November 6, 2001 [2.3 MB (4 pages)]
- Attachment 3: Example Script for a Telephone Interview [2.3 MB (14 pages)]
- Attachment 4: Standard Form 294–Subcontracting Report for Individual Contracts [526 KB (1 page)]
- Attachment 5: Standard Form 295–Summary Subcontract Report [695 KB (1 page)]
- Attachment 6: CDC Staff Manual on Confidentiality [6 MB (25 pages)]
- Attachment 7: Privacy Act System Notice 09-20-0147 [1.2 MB (6 pages)]
- Attachment 8: Cost Plus Award Fee Evaluation Plan [832 KB (7 pages)]
- Battelle Dose Reconstruction Support Contract
On October 12, 2005, NIOSH awarded a one-year, task-order contract to Battelle.
Under the contract, Battelle:
evaluated and analyzed radiological data and conditions at each of the 256 work sites listed in the contract;
developed Technical Basis Documents (exposure models) for the work sites where adequate radiological and work-site information exists; and
completed the dose reconstructions for claims from work sites that had Technical Basis Documents. They also identified the work sites that had inadequate information on radiological and work site conditions.
Battelle develops and commercializes technology and manages laboratories for customers. Battelle teams with more than 800 federal, state and local government agencies, providing science and technology in the areas of national security, homeland defense, health and life sciences, energy, transportation, and environment.
Additional information can be found on the Battelle Website.
- Page last reviewed: September 28, 2015
- Page last updated: September 26, 2014
- Content source:
- National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health Division of Compensation Analysis and Support