National Health Interview Survey
The National Health Interview Survey (NHIS) has monitored the health of the nation since 1957. NHIS data on a broad range of health topics are collected through personal household interviews. For over 50 years, the U.S. Census Bureau has been the data collection agent for the National Health Interview Survey. Survey results have been instrumental in providing data to track health status, health care access, and progress toward achieving national health objectives.
Have you been selected to take part in the National Health Interview Survey?
Are you looking for National Health Interview Survey Data Sets?
Are you looking for selected National Health Interview Survey Reports and Estimates?
Learn more about NHIS:
- Shingles Vaccination Among Adults Aged 60 and Over: United States, 2018 (7/9/2020)
- Comparative Analysis of the National Health Interview Survey Public-use and Restricted-use Linked Mortality Files pdf icon[PDF – 1 MB] (6/29/2020)
- Hearing Difficulty, Vision Trouble, and Balance Problems Among Male Veterans and Nonveterans pdf icon(6/12/2020)
- January-June 2019 NHIS Early Release (5/28/2020)
- Electronic Cigarette Use Among U.S. Adults, 2018 (4/2020)
- New NHIS Data Query Tool: Interactive Summary Health Statistics (3/2020)
- Racial and Ethnic Differences in the Prevalence of Attention-deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder and Learning Disabilities Among U.S. Children Aged 3–17 Years (3/2020)
- Prevalence of Children Aged 3–17 Years With Developmental Disabilities, by Urbanicity:United States, 2015–2018 pdf icon[PDF – 317 KB] (2/2020)
- Problems Paying Medical Bills, 2018 (2/2020)