National Health Interview Survey
The National Health Interview Survey (NHIS) has monitored the health of the nation since 1957. NHIS data on a broad range of health topics are collected through personal household interviews. For over 50 years, the U.S. Census Bureau has been the data collection agent for the National Health Interview Survey. Survey results have been instrumental in providing data to track health status, health care access, and progress toward achieving national health objectives.
Have you been selected to take part in the National Health Interview Survey?
Learn more about NHIS:
- Preliminary Quarterly Microdata File, 2016 quarters 1, 2, 3, and 4 will be available May 16, 2017 [PDF - 154 KB] (4/2017)
- Selected Health Conditions Among Native Hawaiian and Pacific Islander Adults: United States, 2014 [PDF - 333 KB] (3/15/2017)
- 2014 Native Hawaiian and Pacific Islander National Health Interview Survey (NHPI NHIS) - Data Release (03/2017)
- Utilization of Clinical Preventive Services for Cancer and Heart Disease Among Insured Adults: United States, 2015 (3/8/17)
- Barriers to Health Care for Adults With Multiple Chronic Conditions: United States, 2012–2015 (3/1/2017)
- 2017 NHIS Draft Survey Questionnaires (2/2017)
- Page last reviewed: April 20, 2017
- Page last updated: April 20, 2017
- Content source: