Native Hawaiian and Pacific Islander (NHPI) National Health Interview Survey (NHIS)
The Public Use Data Release is now available!
In 2014, NCHS conducted the Native Hawaiian and Pacific Islander National Health Interview Survey (NHPI NHIS). The NHPI NHIS was a survey in which about 3,000 households containing one or more NHPI residents were surveyed by NHIS field staff using the 2014 NHIS instrument. The NHPI NHIS was an unprecedented opportunity to collect rich and accurate information from a large NHPI sample about the health of Native Hawaiians and Pacific Islanders in all 50 states.
The NHPI NHIS was patterned after the NHIS. The NHIS is the nation’s largest in-person household health survey and is a primary tool for monitoring the health of the nation. The survey collects information on health status and conditions, disability, access to and use of health services, health insurance coverage, immunizations, risk factors, and health-related behaviors
For more information about the NHPI NHIS, please see the NHPI NHIS Survey Description document pdf icon[PDF – 975 KB], the NHPI NHIS FAQ, and the documentation in the NHPI NHIS Data Release. If you have other questions about the NHPI NHIS which are not answered in the survey documentation, please e-mail us. Please refer to the NHPI NHIS in the email subject line.
To receive updates about the NHPI NHIS and the NHIS, follow the instructions for joining the HISUSERS Listserv found here.
2014 NHPI NHIS
- Survey Description Document pdf icon[PDF – 975 KB]
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- Survey Questionnaires
- Additional Materials
- Data Brief
- Health Conditions and Behaviors of Native Hawaiian and Pacific Islander Persons in the United States, 2014 pdf icon[PDF – 2.4 MB]
- Health Care Access and Utilization Among Native Hawaiian and Pacific Islander Persons in the United States,2014 pdf icon[PDF – 3 MB]
- Data Quality Assessment of the 2014 Native Hawaiian and Pacific Islander National Health Interview Survey pdf icon[PDF – 3 MB]
- Data Release