Preventing Chronic Disease
A new CDC study shows only 1 in 10 women in Colorado with a recent live birth engaged in regular physical activity during the end of pregnancy. Learn more.
Read the articles in today’s release and look for the complete supplement to publish in PCD later this summer.
Sign up to receive PCD articles and updates directly in your inbox. It's free to subscribe and there are no submission fees.
We're looking for students at the high school, undergraduate and graduate levels, and recent post-graduates to submit papers for an upcoming special PCD Student Research Collection. Learn more.
This collection of 9 articles highlights approaches to improve the nutrition and physical activity environments in rural areas with a high prevalence of adult obesity.
PCD's latest collection features 6 articles that describe the evaluation of CDC’s 2009–2015 Colorectal Cancer Control Program, including its implementation, outcomes, and costs.
This collection features 10 articles from CDC’s National Center for Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion.
This PCD collection features 16 articles that explore new partners, new tools, and new strategies to address the chronic disease epidemic in the United States.
This collection of 24 articles highlights the use of geospatial data for chronic disease prevention and treatment.
- Culture Matters in Communicating the Global Response to COVID-19
- Recommendations for Keeping Parks and Green Space Accessible for Mental and Physical Health During COVID-19 and Other Pandemics
- Incorporating Geographic Information Science and Technology in Response to the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Overcoming Challenges Resulting From COVID-19: New York State’s Creating Healthy Schools and Communities Initiative
- Preparing Students for a More Public Health–Aware Market in Response to COVID-19
- Physical Activity Before and During Pregnancy, Colorado Pregnancy Risk Assessment Monitoring System, 2012–2015
- Pain Among Cancer Survivors
- A Collaborative Approach to Treatment Strategies for Latent Tuberculosis Infection
- Wellness School Assessment Tool Version 3.0: An Updated Quantitative Measure of Written School Wellness Policies
- Comorbid Depression and Obesity: Correlates and Synergistic Association With Noncommunicable Diseases Among Australian Men
- Early-Onset Type 2 Diabetes as a Risk Factor for End-Stage Renal Disease in Patients With Diabetic Kidney Disease