Preventing Chronic Disease
Updated September 29, 2022
New research shows that, despite declines in cigarette smoking among US adults, there has been a lack of progress in reducing smoking among adults with chronic diseases. Learn more.
Research shows that increasing breast cancer screening from current levels to 100% would prevent an additional 2,821 deaths from breast cancer over a lifetime. Read the related study to learn more.
View our guide of suggested terms and ways to improve inclusive language in scholarly publishing.
PCD is interested in publishing peer-reviewed papers offering insights into the roles of public health, medicine, and policy to combat all forms of racism through research, training, practice, and public health policies. Submit by October 31, 2022.
Manuscripts for these collections may be submitted at any time; however, each collection has its own final submission date. Accepted manuscripts are published on a rolling basis in the order in which they are received.
- Call for Papers: Advancing Chronic Disease Data Modernization Enhancements to Meet Current and Future Public Health Challenges
- Call for Papers: Tools and Techniques to Effectively and Suitably Conduct Program Evaluation
- Call for Papers: Implementing and Sustaining Policy, Systems, and Environmental (PSE) Approaches to Support Healthy Behaviors in Diverse Settings
- Public Health, Medicine, Dentistry, Nursing, and Pharmacy: Combating Racism Through Research, Training, Practice, and Public Health Policies
- Sleep Deprivation, Sleep Disorders, and Chronic Disease