How to Submit an Inquiry
While not required, corresponding authors are strongly encouraged to submit an inquiry to the journal in advance of submitting a manuscript to determine the suitability of the manuscript for PCD. PCD asks that only the corresponding author submit inquiries to the journal for review. The corresponding author is the individual who takes primary responsibility for communication with the journal during the manuscript submission, peer-review, and publication process (should the paper be accepted).
The corresponding author’s inquiry should include the following information:
- Article title
- Name of the corresponding author
- Author(s) name, degree, title, and affiliation
- PCD article type (Visit: https://www.cdc.gov/pcd/for_authors/types_of_articles.htm)
- Has the article ever been submitted elsewhere for consideration? If yes, please indicate the name of the journal, the date of the final decision, and an explanation of the decision.
- Indicate if this inquiry is related to a Call for Papers.
- Abstract (300 words or less) with the following information:
- Study/intervention/project description
- Dates when program/policy/study was conducted
- Dates when data were collected
- Research methods and data analyses
- Implications for public health practice
Submit inquiries to the Editor in Chief at PCDeditor@cdc.gov for consideration.
The opinions expressed by authors contributing to this journal do not necessarily reflect the opinions of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, the Public Health Service, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, or the authors’ affiliated institutions.