Preventing Chronic Disease
Updated February 22, 2024
A new study of adults with chronic medical conditions found that Hispanic adults with limited English proficiency were less likely than non-Hispanic White adults to be up to date with colorectal cancer screening.
PCD recognizes the importance of adequate and equal access to oral health care and the link between improper oral health and chronic disease among all ages. Explore this topic in our collection on oral health.
PCD's annual Student Paper Contest gives students of various levels the opportunity to submit their research for publication consideration. Explore the details of this year's contest and submit by March 25th.
- Neighborhood-Level Stressors and Individual-Level Cardiovascular Disease Risk in Native Hawaiians: a Cross-Sectional Study
- Finding Optimal Locations for Implementing Innovative Hypertension Management Approaches Among African American Populations: Mapping Barbershops, Hair Salons, and Community Health Centers
Manuscripts for these collections may be submitted at any time; however, each collection has its own final submission date. Accepted manuscripts are published on a rolling basis in the order in which they are received.
- Call for Papers: Community Engagement and Population Health From Practice to Evaluation
- Call for Papers: Screen-Time Effects on Mental Health, Physical Activity, Nutrition, and Sleep Across the Lifespan
- Call for Applicants: PCD Student Scientific Writing and Review Training Committee
- Call for Papers: Public Health Nurse-Led Research, Practice, and Education in Disease Prevention and Control
- Call for Papers: PCD 2024 Student Paper Contest