Preventing Chronic Disease
New research finds that whole grain intake is associated with lower odds of having impaired fasting glucose in adolescents. Read the related study.
New CDC research shows that increasing cancer screenings from current levels to 100% would prevent an additional 2,821 deaths from breast cancer over a lifetime. Learn more.
We are pleased to announce the appointment of a new group of volunteers who will join PCD’s team of Associate Editors, Editorial Board, and Statistics Review Committee members. Learn more about this impressive group.
We're looking for students at the high school, undergraduate and graduate levels, and recent post-graduates to submit papers for an upcoming special PCD Student Research Collection. Learn more.
The 14 articles included in this collection document a small portion of the innovative work being done by pharmacists to improve population health.
- Use and Awareness of The Community Guide in State and Local Health Department Chronic Disease Programs
- Exploring Spatial Differences Between 2 US Firearm Mortality Data Sets in 2017
- Discriminatory Capacity of Anthropometric Indices for Cardiovascular Disease in Adults: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis
- Whole Grain Intake and Impaired Fasting Glucose in Adolescents, National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey, 2005–2014
- Inclusion of Evidence-Based Breast Cancer Control Recommendations and Guidelines in State Comprehensive Cancer Control Plans
- Factors Associated With Avoiding Health Care Among Community-Dwelling Medicare Beneficiaries With Type 2 Diabetes
- Walking School Bus Programs: Implementation Factors, Implementation Outcomes, and Student Outcomes, 2017–2018
- Quality of Life Benefits of Urban Rooftop Gardening for People With Intellectual Disabilities or Mental Health Disorders
- Health Promotion Programs and Policies in the Workplace: An Exploratory Study With Alaska Businesses