Preventing Chronic Disease
A study of nearly 14,000 Australian men aged 18 to 55 found that men with comorbid depression and obesity had 7.6 times the risk of diabetes and 6.7 times the risk of hypertension.
Spending time outside with the family this Independence Day? Remember, infants and young children rely on others to keep them cool and hydrated when it’s hot outside. Learn how to stay safe in hot weather.
Authors, submit your manuscripts describing innovative and effective work that addresses factors contributing to health disparities and improving population health. View submission details.
We're looking for students at the high school, undergraduate and graduate levels, and recent post-graduates to submit papers for an upcoming special PCD Student Research Collection. Learn more.
This collection of 9 articles highlights approaches to improve the nutrition and physical activity environments in rural areas with a high prevalence of adult obesity.
PCD's latest collection features 6 articles that describe the evaluation of CDC’s 2009–2015 Colorectal Cancer Control Program, including its implementation, outcomes, and costs.
This collection features 10 articles from CDC’s National Center for Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion.
This PCD collection features 16 articles that explore new partners, new tools, and new strategies to address the chronic disease epidemic in the United States.
This collection of 24 articles highlights the use of geospatial data for chronic disease prevention and treatment.
- A Collaborative Approach to Treatment Strategies for Latent Tuberculosis Infection
- Wellness School Assessment Tool Version 3.0: An Updated Quantitative Measure of Written School Wellness Policies
- Comorbid Depression and Obesity: Correlates and Synergistic Association With Noncommunicable Diseases Among Australian Men
- Early-Onset Type 2 Diabetes as a Risk Factor for End-Stage Renal Disease in Patients With Diabetic Kidney Disease
- Reaching the Hispanic Community About COVID-19 Through Existing Chronic Disease Prevention Programs
- Communication Cues and Engagement Behavior: Identifying Advertisement Strategies to Attract Middle-Aged Adults to a Study of the Chronic Disease Self-Management Program
- Self-Measured Blood Pressure Monitoring: Program Planning, Implementation, and Lessons Learned From 5 Federally Qualified Health Centers in Hawai‘i
- Role of an Implementation Economics Analysis in Providing the Evidence Base for Increasing Colorectal Cancer Screening