Preventing Chronic Disease
New GIS research looks at alcohol outlet environment density, clusters, and racial and ethnic disparities in Durham, North Carolina.
PCD is interested in learning where, when, and how to effectively intervene to improve health equity. We are currently accepting submissions to be featured in a special collection showing health equity in action. Learn more.
Research shows that people living in urban areas of North Carolina were more likely than those living in suburban or rural areas to use treatments that don't include medication, such as yoga, to manage chronic pain Learn more.
PCD is looking for students at the high school, undergraduate and graduate levels, and recent postgraduates to submit papers relevant to the prevention, screening, surveillance, and population-based intervention of chronic diseases, COVID-19 and chronic conditions. Learn more.
Manuscripts for these collections may be submitted at any time; however, each collection has its own final submission date. Accepted manuscripts are published on a rolling basis in the order in which they are received.
- Sleep Deprivation, Sleep Disorders, and Chronic Disease
- Global Responses to Prevent, Manage, and Control Cardiovascular Disease
- Health Equity in Action: Research, Policy, and Practice
- 2022 PCD Publishing Opportunity for Students
- Geospatial Perspectives on the Intersection of Chronic Disease and COVID-19
- COVID-19 & Chronic Diseases: Burden, Access to Care, Community Engagement, and Partnerships