Preventing Chronic Disease
Updated August 11, 2022
PCD's latest CME article looks at 20-year trends in tobacco sales and self-reported tobacco use in the United States. View the article and earn your free CME.
Sleep is an essential daily behavior that supports physical, emotional, and psychological well-being. PCD is planning a new collection of papers that brings increased attention to the relationship between sleep and chronic disease. Learn how to submit your manuscript.
A study of California educators found that only 32% of principals and about 12% of teachers were aware that their school district had a sun protection policy. These findings suggest a need for improved communication with educators and support for policy implementation to improve sun protection in schools.
PCD is interested in publishing peer-reviewed papers offering insights into the roles of public health, medicine, and policy to combat all forms of racism through research, training, practice, and public health policies. Learn more.
Manuscripts for these collections may be submitted at any time; however, each collection has its own final submission date. Accepted manuscripts are published on a rolling basis in the order in which they are received.
- PCD Receives 2021 Journal Impact Factor and Scimago Journal Ranking
- Call for Papers: Advancing Chronic Disease Data Modernization Enhancements to Meet Current and Future Public Health Challenges
- Call for Papers: Tools and Techniques to Effectively and Suitably Conduct Program Evaluation
- Call for Papers: Implementing and Sustaining Policy, Systems, and Environmental (PSE) Approaches to Support Healthy Behaviors in Diverse Settings
- Public Health, Medicine, Dentistry, Nursing, and Pharmacy: Combating Racism Through Research, Training, Practice, and Public Health Policies
- Health Equity in Action: Research, Policy, and Practice
- Global Responses to Prevent, Manage, and Control Cardiovascular Disease
- Sleep Deprivation, Sleep Disorders, and Chronic Disease