During an Incident: Tools & Templates
Instructions for Extracting ZIP Files
Windows users (Internet Explorer):
- Click once on the ZIP file. You will be prompted to save the file or open it. Click "Save."
- Specify the location where you wish to save the ZIP file and click "Save."
- Navigate to the file and double-click it. The Windows ZIP extraction window should appear along with a list of folders. Go to the top menu bar on this window and click "Extract all files" (in Windows 7) or "File" -> "Extract All" (in Windows XP).
- Follow the instructions to select a location for the unzipped files and extract.
Mac users (Safari):
- Double-click the file to save it to your downloads folder.
- Navigate to your downloads folder (it may already be visible) and double-click the ZIP file.
- A list of Word documents will appear. You can open them individually by double-clicking them, or you can extract them all at once using the "Extract" button on the gray bar at the top of the window.
Section 2: During an Incident—Issuing an Advisory
- Call Center Data Checklist [DOCX - 1 page]
- Website Information Checklist [DOCX - 1 page]
- Website Example [DOCX - 1 page]
- Key Questions for the Public Information Office [DOCX - 1 page]
- Basic Elements of a Spokesperson Statement [DOCX - 1 page]
- Automated Messages [DOCX - 3 pages]
- Working with the Media Template [DOCX - 2 pages]
- Media Alert Template [DOCX - 1 page]
- How to Use Press Release Templates [DOCX - 1 page]
- Tier I Public Notification Rule Compliant Press Release Template [DOCX - 2 pages]
- Significant Pressure Loss Advisory Press Release Template [DOCX - 2 pages]
- Advisory Update Press Release Template [DOCX - 2 pages]
- Ending an Advisory Press Release Template [DOCX - 1 page]
- Page last reviewed: February 28, 2017
- Page last updated: February 28, 2017
- Content source: