Parks and Trails Health Impact Assessment
This website is archived for historical purposes and is no longer being maintained or updated.
The Healthy Community Design Initiative, also known as the Built Environment and Health Initiative, is no longer a funded program and the information on this website is not being reviewed and updated on a regular basis.
Appendix B – Health Impact Assessments reviewed for the HIA Parks, Greenways, and Trails HIA Toolkit
- Atlanta BeltLine, Atlanta, GA, 2007. HIA Report available at: http://www.healthimpactproject.org/hia/us/atlanta-beltline
- East Bay Greenway, Oakland, CA, 2007. HIA Report available at: http://www.healthimpactproject.org/hia/us/east-bay-greenway
- Using HIA to Determine the Potential Health Impacts of Revitalizing Boxers’ Trail, Philadelphia, PA, 2008. No URL available.
- Clark County Bicycle and Pedestrian Master Plan, Clark County, WA, 2010. HIA Report available at: http://www.co.clark.wa.us/public-health/reports/documents/FINAL_RapidHIA.pdf [PDF – 3.2 MB]
- Marquette County Ice Age National Scenic Trail Expansion, Marquette County, WI, 2011. HIA Report available at: http://www.healthimpactproject.org/resources/document/Health-Impact-Assessment-of-the-Ice-Age-Trail-WI.pdf [PDF – 1.3 MB]
- Knox County Health Department Community Garden, Knox County, TN, 2010. HIA Report available at: http://www.healthimpactproject.org/hia/us/knox-county-health-department-community-garden
- HOPE VI to HOPE SF: San Francisco Public Housing Redevelopment, San Francisco, CA, 2009.HIA Report available at: http://www.healthimpactproject.org/hia/us/hope-vi-to-hope-sf-san-francisco-public-housing-redevelopment
- St. Louis Park Comprehensive Plan HIA, City of St. Louis Park, MN, 2011. HIA Report available at: http://www.health.state.mn.us/divs/hia/docs/slp_hia.pdf [PDF – 7.7 MB]
- Adams Park Master Plan, Douglas County, NE, 2012. HIA Report available at: http://www.douglascountyhealth.com/images/stories/Healthy%20Community/Adams%20Park%20Summary%20revised%2010_29_12.pdf [PDF – 6.33 MB]
- Quequechan River Rail Trail, Fall River, MA, 2012. HIA Report available at: http://www.mapc.org/quequechan-river-rail-trail-hia
- Planning for Parks, Green Space, and Trails in Greenville’s West Side, Greenville, South Carolina, 2013. HIA Report available at: http://www.healthimpactproject.org/resources/body/HIA-of-Park-Trail-and-Green-Space-Planning-in-Greenville-SC.pdf [PDF – 3.9 MB]
The above HIAs were found as of March 2013 through a variety of sources. For a comprehensive list of HIAs completed in the US that is continuously updated by Health Impact Project, go to: http://www.healthimpactproject.org/hia/us. This searchable database includes reports that are self-titled “health impact assessments” (HIA) for which the Health Impact Project has identified an HIA report. The Web page is based on information collected from a variety of sources. The reports included have not been reviewed or evaluated by the Health Impact Project for content, including to determine whether they meet an accepted definition or practice standard for HIA. The information included in this database is taken from published information about each HIA and, in some cases, conversations with those involved in drafting them. The Health Impact Project welcomes any suggested corrections, updates, or additions to this information. Please contact Health Impact Project at email@example.com. This searchable database was created through a partnership between Health Impact Project and Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s (CDC) Healthy Community Design Initiative.
The Toolkit is divided into four sections and two appendices:
- Page last reviewed: November 27, 2013 (archived document)
- Content source: