This website is archived for historical purposes and is no longer being maintained or updated.
The Healthy Community Design Initiative, also known as the Built Environment and Health Initiative, is no longer a funded program and the information on this website is not being reviewed and updated on a regular basis.
- Data on Healthy Community Design [PDF – 144 KB]
- Built Environment and Health Initiative [PDF – 548 KB]
- CDC’s Built Environment and Health Initiative: Why Invest? [PDF – 429 KB]
- Healthy Community Design Checklist [PDF – 332 KB] En Español [PDF – 559 KB]
- Designing and Building Healthy Places [PDF – 934 KB]
- Health Impact Assessment [PDF – 1.44 MB]
- Health Issues Related to Community Design [PDF – 386 KB]
- Healthy Community Design [PDF – 343 KB] En Español [PDF – 347 KB]
- Impact of the Built Environment on Health [PDF – 148 KB]
- LEED-ND and Healthy Neighborhoods [PDF – 280 KB]
- Tools to Assess Health Impacts of Land-Use Policies and Programs [PDF – 766 KB]
- CDC Recommendations for Improving Health through Transportation Policy [PDF – 388 KB]
- Page last reviewed: October 21, 2016 (archived document)
- Content source: