Transportation and Health Resources
This website is archived for historical purposes and is no longer being maintained or updated.
The Healthy Community Design Initiative, also known as the Built Environment and Health Initiative, is no longer a funded program and the information on this website is not being reviewed and updated on a regular basis.
Transportation and Health Impact Assessment
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Transportation health impact assessment toolkit for planning and health professionals [accessed 11 June 2013]. Available at URL: https://www.cdc.gov/healthyplaces/transp ortation/hia_toolkit.htm.
The toolkit provides a framework for public health departments, city planners, project managers, and other stakeholders to conduct Health Impact Assessments on proposed transportation projects, plans, and policies.
Selected Health Impact Assessments of transportation projects and policies
- Baltimore Redline Transit Project HIA
- Lake Oswego to Portland Transit Project HIA
- Oregon policies to reduce vehicle miles traveled HIA
- San Francisco Road Pricing HIA
- Seattle State Route 520 bridge replacement HIA
- Page last reviewed: January 2, 2014 (archived document)
- Content source: