Health Impact Assessment: Stories from the Field
This website is archived for historical purposes and is no longer being maintained or updated.
The Healthy Community Design Initiative, also known as the Built Environment and Health Initiative, is no longer a funded program and the information on this website is not being reviewed and updated on a regular basis.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s Healthy Community Design Initiative is advancing the use of HIA in the United States with its health impact assessment (HIA) cooperative agreements. Learn how public health and planning professionals are joining forces to make a healthier America in the following stories from the field:
- Baltimore: Historic Community District Challenges
- Boston: Oasis for Healthy Play and Learning
- Boston: Transit-Oriented Developments in Roxbury
- Clackamas County, Oregon: HIA in Transportation Planning
- Curry County, Oregon: Community Health and Well-Being
- Davidson, North Carolina: Design for Life
- Davidson, North Carolina: Big Rail Project
- Omaha, Nebraska: Adams Park Revival
- Portland:Greenhouse Gas Emissions
- San Francisco: Central Corridor Project
- Page last reviewed: August 8, 2013 (archived document)
- Content source: