Communicating with the Public
Environmental health professionals: Find resources to help you communicate with the public after an emergency.
- CERC tools can help agencies prepare and communicate before, during, and after an emergency.
- Preparedness key messages can help agencies develop products for diverse audiences.
- The Drinking Water Advisory Communication Toolbox can help water utilities plan for, develop, implement, and evaluate communication activities with the public and stakeholders during drinking water notifications and advisories.
- Digital and print educational materials by topic.
- Educational materials in 23 languages, including American Sign Language (ASL).
- Health and safety concerns for all disasters.
- Hurricane messaging toolkit with health and safety information the public can send to loved ones in hurricane-affected areas.
- Public service announcements (PSAs) and podcasts.
- Emergency social media channels and more.