Find links to tools and resources to assist with EnvPHPS use and post-assessment activities.
EnvPHPS Assessment Toolkit: Tools to help prepare for, conduct, and follow up on your assessment.
Public Health Learning Network: A consortium hosted by the National Network of Public Health Institutes seeking elevate public health practice through high-quality, relevant, and accessible training and education opportunities.
Performance Management Quality Improvement Training: Public Health Foundation training on quality improvement tools and techniques to effectively achieve an organization’s mission and strategic goals and improve health outcomes of the community.
Improving Environmental Public Health Services Performance to Meet Community Needs Cdc-pdf[PDF – 1.35 MB]: How to integrate resources and tools for performance improvement into broader initiatives to improve public health departments.
Other Quality Improvement Resources
Public Health Quality Improvement Exchange: Online community for public health professionals interested in learning and sharing information about quality improvement in public health.
Quality Improvement in Public Health Example: Documentation Cycle Time: Short example of how one health department assessed and solved a single problem.
Vector Control Performance Assessment and Improvement Reports: Local health department discussion of their assessment and improvement efforts, including challenges and successes.
Environmental Health Program Guidelines and Related Standards
National Public Health Performance Standards Program: Framework to assess capacity and performance of public health systems and public health governing bodies
Public Health Accreditation: Information for public health departments seeking accreditation through Public Health Foundation.
Voluntary National Guidelines for Management of Onsite and Clustered (Decentralized) Wastewater Treatment Systems: Guidelines to help improve performance.
Voluntary National Retail Food Regulatory Program Standards: A set of widely recognized standards for regulatory programs that administer the Food Code.
Commentaries describing application of performance improvement tools:
- A Performance Management Initiative for Local Health Department Vector Control Programs
- Culture Shift: Strengthening the Role of Environmental Health in Public Health Performance Improvement Efforts [PDF – 551 KB]
Commentaries describing collaborations with public health department accreditation efforts:
- Public Health Department Accreditation and Environmental Public Health: A Logical Collaboration [PDF – 291 KB]
- Public Health Department Accreditation and Environmental Public Health: Sustaining the Collaboration [PDF – 219 KB]
- Public Health Performance Management: Opportunities for Environmental Public Health [PDF – 357 KB]
- CDC Office for State, Tribal, Local and Territorial Support (Performance Management and Quality Improvement Resources)
- Public Health Foundation (Performance Management and Quality Improvement)
- National Network of Public Health Institutes (Accreditation and Performance Improvement Resources)
- Public Health Accreditation Board