Promote Professional Development Offerings
Know your target audience and use promotional strategies that capture their attention and interest. You want them to request your PD offerings. Keep communication clear and simple, emphasizing what participants will learn and be able to do as a result of participating in the PD offering. Focus on how attending your PD offering will help them in their classrooms and work environments.
- Determine the PD offering that will match the primary target audience needs and availability.
- Develop a comprehensive promotion plan. Steps for this include:
- Develop SMART (Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Realistic, and Time-phased) objectives that describe the promotion results to be achieved.
- Develop and pre-test messages and materials that will resonate with target audiences.
- Determine how promotional messages will be disseminated to effectively reach target audiences (e.g., social media, blast email, flyers).
- Create a promotion timeline including milestones and measures of success.
- Recruit partners who can support and assist in achieving promotion objectives.
- Implement the promotion plan.
- Collect and record promotion evaluation data (see Evaluate).
- Monitor and adjust promotion plan, materials, and messages based on feedback and results.