Provide Follow-up Support
Reinforce the knowledge and strengthen the skills of your participants through continued and targeted follow-up support. The Follow-up Support practice reinforces the transfer of learning. Transfer of learning refers to learning in one context and applying it to another. Applying transfer of learning includes retaining the knowledge and skills from the PD offering, and then applying and sustaining what was learned in their work environment.
For each PD offering:
- Plan follow-up support for transfer of learning during design phase.
- Share follow-up support expectations prior to and during the PD offering.
- Schedule follow-up support.
- Conduct follow-up support at appropriate intervals.
- Document delivery of follow-up support (e.g., who, what, when).
- Collect and record follow-up support evaluation data in management system (see Evaluate).