Action Plan Basics
An action plan is a roadmap. It lays out the steps and actions you need to achieve your goals. It should address important issues that support your mission.
- issues to address,
- goals to achieve, and
- steps to achieve a group’s goals.
The activities outlined in an action plan should be within your Youth Advisory Councils’ (YACs) power to address. In other words, your action plan should be achievable.
An action plan should include
- the specific population you want to serve,
- details on how to achieve goals of the plan
- potential barriers and challenges and ways to overcome them, and
- how you will measure progress and success.