Use of COVID-19 Vaccines in the United States
Interim Clinical Considerations
Healthcare providers who administer the Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine (2023-2024 Formula) to individuals ages 6 months through 11 years should ensure the correct volume of the vaccine (0.25 mL) is withdrawn from the vial and administered to the recipient. Discard vial and excess volume after extracting a single dose.
For additional information, see FDA Announcement and Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine (2023-2024 Formula) Healthcare Provider Fact Sheet (fda.gov)
- Guidance added to COVID-19 vaccination schedules for correct dosage and administration of updated (2023–2024 Formula) Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine in children ages 6 months–11 years.
- COVID-19 Vaccine Product Information (Updated 11/6/2023)
- FAQs for the Interim Clinical Considerations (Updated 11/3/2023)
- COVID-19 Vaccination Recommendations Infographic (Updated 10/13/2023)
- COVID-19 Vaccination Recommendations Infographic (Immunocompromised) (Updated 10/13/2023)
Receive email updates about this page.