Top 10 Most Talked About Articles of 2020
Announcement posted 1/4/21
Preventing Chronic Disease (PCD) is excited to announce its most popular articles of 2020, as rated by Altmetric. Thousands of conversations about scholarly content happen online every day. Altmetric tracks a range of sources to capture, collate, and score this activity.
- Men and COVID-19: A Biopsychosocial Approach to Understanding Sex Differences in Mortality and Recommendations for Practice and Policy Interventions
- Trends in Adolescent Treatment Admissions for Marijuana in the United States, 2008–2017
- Emergency Preparedness and Risk Communication Among African American Churches: Leveraging a Community-Based Participatory Research Partnership COVID-19 Initiative
- Reaching the Hispanic Community About COVID-19 Through Existing Chronic Disease Prevention Programs
- Recommendations for Keeping Parks and Green Space Accessible for Mental and Physical Health During COVID-19 and Other Pandemics
- The Influence of Metabolic Syndrome in Predicting Mortality Risk Among US Adults: Importance of Metabolic Syndrome Even in Adults With Normal Weight
- Oral Health and COVID-19: Increasing the Need for Prevention and Access
- The Critical Need for a Population Health Approach: Addressing the Nation’s Behavioral Health During the COVID-19 Pandemic and Beyond
- An Overview of Social Media Use in the Field of Public Health Nutrition: Benefits, Scope, Limitations, and a Latin American Experience
- Community Pharmacists’ Contributions to Disease Management During the COVID-19 Pandemic
The opinions expressed by authors contributing to this journal do not necessarily reflect the opinions of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, the Public Health Service, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, or the authors’ affiliated institutions.