Next Public Health Grand Rounds
CDC’s Public Health Grand Rounds Presents:
“Meeting the Challenges of Measuring and Preventing Maternal Mortality in the United States”
Tuesday, November 14, 2017
1:00 p.m. – 2:00 p.m. ET
Women in the United States are more likely to die from childbirth or pregnancy-related causes than other women in high-income countries. More evidence is needed to understand the actual causes of death better, but research suggests that half of these deaths may be preventable. Racial disparities persist. The risk of pregnancy-related deaths for black women is three to four times higher than those of white women.
CDC Grand Rounds Upcoming Sessions
- December: Grand Rounds Year in Review
- January: Public Health Role in Radiation/Nuclear Threats
- February: Million Hearts: A Compelling Call to Action
In the News - Antibiotic Resistance
There’s a Grand Rounds for That!
Frequently Asked Questions
For technical questions, topic selection and related issues – FAQ(https://www.cdc.gov/cdcgrandrounds/faq.htm)s
Ways to Watch - Live or On Demand
Earn Free Continuing Education
Registration is not required to watch the live webcast of Grand Rounds.
For more information regarding the following, please visit the Grand Rounds Continuing Education page.
- Continuing Education Accreditation statements
- Instructions for receiving continuing education
For issues regarding obtaining continuing education credits, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
CDC Grand Rounds On Demand
- Meeting the Challenges of Measuring and Preventing Maternal Mortality in the United States
- Global Prevention of Neural Tube Defects
- Healthy Aging: Promoting Well-being in Older Adults
- New Frontiers in Workplace Health
- E-cigarettes: An Emerging Public Health Challenge
- It’s Loud Out There: Hearing Healh across the Lifespan
- National Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS) Registry – Impact, Challenges, and Future Directions
- Emerging Tickborne Diseases
- Overcoming Barriers to Medication Adherence for Chronic Diseases(https://www.cdc.gov/cdcgrandrounds/archives/2017/February2017.htm)
- Addressing the Unique Challenges of Opioid Use Disorder in Women(https://www.cdc.gov/cdcgrandrounds/archives/2017/January2017.htm)
More CDC Learning Opportunities
Please contact us with any questions or comments.
- Page last reviewed: November 17, 2017
- Page last updated: November 17, 2017
- Content source:
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Page maintained by: Office of Associate Director of Communication, Division of Public Affairs