Next Public Health Grand Rounds
CDC’s Public Health Grand Rounds Presents:
“E-cigarettes: An Emerging Public Health Challenge”
Original webcast: Tuesday, October 20, 2015 at 1:00 p.m. ET
Encore presentation: Tuesday, July 18, 2017 at 1:00 p.m. ET
The webcast links below are only active during the date and time of the session. This session also is archived for viewing now or later.
Electronic cigarettes, or e-cigarettes, are an emerging challenge for public health. These devices are part of a growing landscape of electronic nicotine delivery systems (ENDS) that includes many different types of products, such as vape pens and e-hookahs. Despite differences in appearance, these devices are quite similar in function – they create an aerosol that can contain nicotine and other additives. Because the nicotine in these products is typically derived from tobacco, the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has proposed to regulate e-cigarettes as tobacco products. However, these proposals have not yet been implemented, and electronic cigarettes remain unregulated at the federal level.
Ways to Watch – Live or Later
CDC Grand Rounds Upcoming Sessions
In the News - E-cigarettes
There’s a Grand Rounds for That!
Tune in to our encore session of E-cigarettes: An Emerging Public Health Challenge.
Watch our new Beyond the Data segment on July 18, 2017 at 1:00 p.m..
CDC Grand Rounds Previous Sessions
- It’s Loud Out There: Hearing Healh across the Lifespan
- National Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS) Registry – Impact, Challenges, and Future Directions
- Emerging Tickborne Diseases
- Overcoming Barriers to Medication Adherence for Chronic Diseases(https://www.cdc.gov/cdcgrandrounds/archives/2017/February2017.htm)
- Addressing the Unique Challenges of Opioid Use Disorder in Women(https://www.cdc.gov/cdcgrandrounds/archives/2017/January2017.htm)
- Public Health Law: A Tool to Address Emerging Health Concerns(https://www.cdc.gov/cdcgrandrounds/archives/2016/December2016.htm)
Earn Free Continuing Education
Registration is not required to watch the live webcast of Grand Rounds.
For more information regarding the following, please visit the Grand Rounds Continuing Education page.
- Continuing Education Accreditation statements
- Instructions for receiving continuing education
For issues regarding obtaining continuing education credits, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Frequently Asked Questions
For technical questions, topic selection and related issues – FAQ(https://www.cdc.gov/cdcgrandrounds/faq.htm)s
- Page last reviewed: February 17, 2017
- Page last updated: March 2, 2017
- Content source:
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Page maintained by: Office of the Associate Director for Communication, Division of News and Electronic Media