Frequently Asked Questions
Thank you for your interest in Grand Rounds
- How can I get updates about future Grand Rounds sessions?
- How can I attend a CDC Public Health Grand Rounds (PHGR) session?
- How can I view the live webcast?
- Is registration required to view Grand Rounds via the webcast?
- Are the presentations archived?
- How do I get continuing education for viewing Grand Rounds?
- Are other scientific materials available for each Grand Rounds session?
- How are topics selected?
- What is involved in putting together a CDC Public Health Grand Rounds session?
Stay connected by signing up for Grand Rounds email updates.
You are welcome to attend our Grand Rounds sessions, either in person or via webcast. The sessions are open to the public. Sessions are usually held the 3rd Tuesday of each month. Contractors at CDC may attend with prior approval of their employer. Non-CDC staff must obtain security clearance. US citizens must submit a request to the Grand Rounds Team. A US state-issued photo ID (e.g., driver’s license, US passport) is required. Non-US citizens must submit their requests 20 days prior to the session to the Grand Rounds Team, and additional information will be required.
A live webcast will be available on our website. The link will be live five minutes before the presentation begins. All our sessions are posted to our Grand Rounds On Demand website where you may view them at your convenience
Registration is not required.
Yes, all sessions are archived and posted to our Grand Rounds On Demand website 3-4 days after each presentation where you may view them at your convenience.
You can receive free continuing education for Grand Rounds. All continuing education credit for Public Health Grand Rounds (PHGR) is issued online through the CDC/ATSDR Training and Continuing Education Online system. If you have questions, you can email Learner Support. For additional information visit our CE page.
Every Grand Rounds session has its own web page which contains additional information about that specific topic. Search Grand Rounds On Demand to see what is available. These pages are updated frequently.
Each year, the Grand Rounds team invites CDC programs to submit topics for consideration through a “Call for Proposals.” Selections are based upon the timeliness of the proposed topic, its public health importance, and the ability to address the subject within the Grand Rounds format.
Putting together a session is a rigorous and collaborative process. The Grand Rounds team works diligently with CDC programs and speakers to ensure accurate, timely, important scientific information for our audiences.
If you have more questions about CDC’s Public Health Grand Rounds, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Page last reviewed: January 28, 2018
- Page last updated: January 28, 2018
- Content source:
- Office of the Associate Director for Science
- Page maintained by: Office of the Associate Director for Communication