Originally presented on . Encore presentation on .
Beyond the Data (2017 update)
Beyond the Data (2015)
- Brian A. King, PhD, MPH
- Deputy Director, Research Translation, Office on Smoking and Health
National Center for Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion, CDC
- Jonathan M. Samet, MD, MS
- Professor and Flora L. Thornton Chair, Department of Preventive Medicine
University of Southern California Keck School of Medicine
- John Wiesman, DrPH, MPH
- Secretary of Health
Washington State Department of Health
- Matthew L. Myers, JD
Campaign for Tobacco-Free Kids
- John Iskander, MD, MPH
- Scientific Director
- Phoebe Thorpe, MD, MPH
- Deputy Scientific Director
- Susan Laird, MSN, RN
- Communications Director
Enjoyed this Presentation?
You May Also Like
Hear about the legislative successes in tobacco control efforts, including the FDA’s ability to regulate the content, marketing and sales of tobacco products. Learn about the challenges that lie ahead in saving millions of lives through the reduction of tobacco use.
Approximately 6 million people die each year due to tobacco-related illnesses, a figure expected to increase to more than 8 million a year by 2030. Global tobacco control has been called a “best buy” in public health. Learn about effective prevention strategies at the personal, population, and policy levels.
- Page last reviewed: February 28, 2018
- Page last updated: February 28, 2018
- Content source:
- Office of the Associate Director for Science
- Page maintained by: Office of the Associate Director for Communication