Clinicians & Health Departments
Clinicians, promptly recognize AFM symptoms, hospitalize the patient, collect specimens, and contact your health department immediately.
Top Clinician Resources
2020 AFM Slide Set
- If you are a clinician or from a health department and have a non-urgent question about AFM, email the AFM team at AFMInfo@cdc.gov.
- For urgent questions about AFM, please call the Emergency Operations Center (EOC) at 770-488-7100.
- Need a consult on a possible AFM case? Go to AFM Physician Consult and Support Portalexternal icon.
FAQs and Additional Resources
- Frequently Asked Questions by Clinicians and Health Departments
- For additional resources for clinicians, patients, and parents, see the Resources and References webpage.
Page last reviewed: November 5, 2020