Clinicians & Health Departments
Clinicians, promptly recognize AFM symptoms, hospitalize the patient, collect specimens, and contact your health department immediately.
Webinar for Clinicians
Public Health Ground Rounds
2020 Vital Signs Report
Top Clinician Resources
AFM Slide Set
- If you are a clinician or from a health department and have a non-urgent question about AFM, email the AFM team at AFMInfo@cdc.gov.
- For urgent questions about AFM, please call the Emergency Operations Center (EOC) at 770-488-7100.
- Need a consult on a possible AFM case? Go to AFM Physician Consult and Support Portalexternal icon.
FAQs and Additional Resources
- Frequently Asked Questions by Clinicians and Health Departments
- For additional resources for clinicians, patients, and parents, see the Resources and References webpage.
- Active studies AFM patients can participate in
Page last reviewed: June 7, 2021