Clinicians & Health Departments
Clinicians, promptly recognize AFM symptoms, hospitalize the patient, collect specimens, and contact your health department immediately.
Top Clinician Resources
- Job Aid for Clinicians: How to send info about patient under investigation (PUI)pdf icon
- Patient Summary Form: Wordword icon | PDFpdf icon
- Specimen Collection Instructions
- Acute Flaccid Myelitis (AFM): Clinical Overview ppt icon[PPT – 3 MB]
- Acute Flaccid Myelitis: Interim Considerations for Clinical Management
- AFM Physician Consult and Support Portalexternal icon
- Frequently Asked Questions
Manage AFM Patients
- If you are a clinician or from a health department and have a non-urgent question about AFM, email the AFM team at AFMInfo@cdc.gov.
- For urgent questions about AFM, please call the Emergency Operations Center (EOC) at 770-488-7100.
- Need a consult on a possible AFM case? Go to AFM Physician Consult and Support Portalexternal icon.
Page last reviewed: July 13, 2020