V-safe After Vaccination Health Checker
Enrollment in v-safe for the mpox vaccine closed on March 21, 2023. As with all vaccines used in the United States, CDC will continue to monitor the safety of mpox vaccines and ensure that those affected and at risk of mpox have access to the services they need.
Enroll in v-safe and tell CDC how you, or your dependent, feel after getting a COVID-19 vaccine. It takes just a few minutes to enroll and then you will receive text messages to complete short, confidential health check-ins. Your participation in v-safe helps CDC monitor the safety of vaccines for everyone. Ready to enroll? Click below.
Learn More About the V-safe Enrollment Process
What is V-safe?
V-safe is a safety monitoring system that lets you share with CDC how you, or your dependent, feel after getting a COVID-19 vaccine.
After you enroll, v-safe will send you personalized and confidential health check-ins via text messages and web surveys to ask how you feel, including if you experience any side effects after vaccination. Completing health check-ins and sharing how you feel, even if you don’t experience side effects after vaccination, helps CDC’s vaccine safety monitoring efforts.
Your personal information in v-safe is protected so it is safe and private. You can opt out at any time.
- V-safe is not an official record of being vaccinated
- V-safe does not give medical advice. Please contact your healthcare provider if you need medical advice
- V-safe cannot schedule vaccination appointments
V-safe for COVID-19 Vaccines features:
- Enroll during the waiting period after you get any dose of COVID-19 vaccine or soon after vaccination
- Add a dependent and complete health check-ins on their behalf
- Enter and report how you, or your dependent, feel after first, second, additional, and updated booster doses
- Available in multiple languages including English, Spanish, Chinese, Korean, and Vietnamese
V-safe for COVID-19 Vaccines Data
You can view v-safe for COVID-19 vaccines public data here: v-safe | Data | Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (cdc.gov)
To find COVID-19 vaccine locations near you: Search vaccines.gov, text your ZIP code to 438829, or call 1-800-232-0233.
Have questions about V-safe for COVID-19 Vaccines or need help?
If you have questions or need assistance with v-safe, these resources can help:
- V-safe Frequently Asked Questions and Troubleshooting
- Contact live v-safe support:
Available Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m. ET
Call 800-CDC-INFO (800-232-4636) TTY 888-232-6348