Vaccine Safety Research
The United States’ long-standing vaccine safety system ensures vaccines are as safe as possible. As science advances and new information becomes available, this system will continue to improve.
Vaccine safety research:
- Ensures the benefits of vaccines approved in the U.S. outweigh the risks.
- Defines which groups should not certain vaccines.
- Describes side effects and adverse events reported after vaccination.
- Evaluates whether reported side effects and adverse events can be directly linked to a vaccine.
- Page last reviewed: October 27, 2015
- Page last updated: October 27, 2015
- Content Source: