Request for Assistance
Your assistance will help NIOSH improve research, standards, outreach, and guidance for PPE users.
The NIOSH Personal Protective Technology (PPT) Program and the National Personal Protective Technology Laboratory (NPPTL) want to know about potential barriers to the proper selection and use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
Who Can Help
PPE users, their employers, and professionals who work on their behalf to protect their health.
How You Can Help
Tell us about your Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) concerns:
- Difficulty selecting PPE
- Understanding the term “chemical resistant”
- Matching appropriate equipment for different exposures
- Ability to access and acquire the proper PPE
- Understanding laws that govern PPE
- Comfort level of PPE
- PPE effectiveness
- PPE functionality
- PPE suitability to work tasks
- Need to change or remove PPE
- PPE durability
Further assistance can be made by providing referrals of individuals we could contact such as colleagues, organizations, workers, employers, etc.
National Personal Protective Technology Laboratory
626 Cochrans Mill Road
Pittsburgh, PA 15236
- Page last reviewed: October 11, 2017
- Page last updated: January 30, 2017
- Content source:
- National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health National Personal Protective Technology Laboratory