As of 09/01/2023, parasitic disease testing provided by CDC has resumed. Please refer to CDC’s Laboratory Test Directory for additional information on available tests, procedures to submit specimens, and required forms.
Please contact email@example.com for information on submitting specimens for diagnostic testing.
Healthcare providers needing assistance with diagnosis or management of suspected cases of parasitic diseases may contact CDC’s Parasitic Diseases Hotline at (404) 718-4745, or firstname.lastname@example.org. For information on clinical management of malaria cases, please contact email@example.com.
Please choose from one of the categories below.
- Key Points for Laboratory Identification of Cyclospora sp., Cryptosporidium sp., and Cystoisospora belli [PDF, 109 KB]
- Key Points for Laboratory Diagnosis of Cyclosporiasis [PDF, 177 KB]
- Key Points for Laboratory Diagnosis of Cystoisosporiasis [PDF, 170 KB]
- Laboratory Diagnosis of Amebiasis [PDF, 131 KB]
- Laboratory Diagnosis of Blastocystis hominis infection [PDF, 72 KB]
- Laboratory Diagnosis of Cryptosporidiosis [PDF, 144 KB]
- Laboratory Diagnosis of Giardiasis [PDF, 93 KB]
DPDx is an educational resource designed for health professionals and laboratory scientists. For an overview including prevention, control, and treatment visit www.cdc.gov/parasites/.