All assays for molecular, serological, morphological identification, or characterization of parasitic diseases—and Trichomonas susceptibility testing—at CDC are temporarily offline and turn-around time is delayed. Diagnostic testing through CDC is expected to resume soon. CDC offers consultation regarding other options in the absence of diagnostic testing at CDC for some parasitic diseases.
Please choose from one of the categories below.
- Key Points for Laboratory Identification of Cyclospora sp., Cryptosporidium sp., and Cystoisospora belli pdf icon[PDF, 109 KB]
- Key Points for Laboratory Diagnosis of Cyclosporiasis pdf icon[PDF, 177 KB]
- Key Points for Laboratory Diagnosis of Cystoisosporiasis pdf icon[PDF, 170 KB]
- Laboratory Diagnosis of Amebiasis pdf icon[PDF, 131 KB]
- Laboratory Diagnosis of Blastocystis hominis infection pdf icon[PDF, 72 KB]
- Laboratory Diagnosis of Cryptosporidiosis pdf icon[PDF, 144 KB]
- Laboratory Diagnosis of Giardiasis pdf icon[PDF, 93 KB]
DPDx is an educational resource designed for health professionals and laboratory scientists. For an overview including prevention, control, and treatment visit www.cdc.gov/parasites/.