Please choose from one of the categories below.
- Tissue specimens for free-living amebae
- Isolation of Leishmania organisms
- Sputum, induced sputum, and bronchoalveolar avage (BAL) for Pneumocystis jirovecii
- Vaginal swabs for diagnosis and susceptibility of Trichomonas
- Cellulose tape or swube tube procedure for demonstration of pinworm eggs
DPDx is an educational resource designed for health professionals and laboratory scientists. For an overview including prevention, control, and treatment visit www.cdc.gov/parasites/.