Healthy Eating Communications Kit
With the support of health professionals like you, DHDSP is better able to help the public learn about the importance of healthy eating and cutting down on sodium.
The social media messages and graphics below can help encourage your audiences to take small steps to build heart-healthy eating habits. Making healthier food choices, such as lowering sodium, and being physically active are the first steps to lowering risk for heart disease and stroke.
Help DHDSP spread awareness by sharing these resources on your social media pages and with your colleagues:
Join us in encouraging healthier eating all year long!
February 2019: American Heart Month (#HeartMonth)
March 2019: National Nutrition Month® (#NationalNutritionMonth)
May 2019: High Blood Pressure Education Month, National Stroke Awareness Month (#StrokeMonth)
September 2019: National Cholesterol Education Month (#CholesterolEducationMonth)
- Small food swaps can make your meals and snacks healthier. Look for opportunities throughout the day to add more fruits and vegetables to your plate. http://bit.ly/2t13cmPExternal
- Skip the salt; keep the flavor. Replace salt with flavorful spices and herbs like thyme, rosemary, and pepper. Find a new seasoning to try on this list, and then get cooking! http://1.usa.gov/1RkoWZRExternal
- Eating too much sodium increases your risk for high blood pressure, a leading risk factor for heart disease and stroke. Track down the salt in food with Professor Saul T. http://bit.ly/29ijo4KExternal
- Healthy eating doesn’t have to be overwhelming. The DASH eating plan can help you create a flexible and balanced heart-healthy eating style with common foods available at the grocery store. Get started today! http://bit.ly/2x3JoP5External
- From savory appetizers to hearty mains, find your recipe inspiration for nutritious AND delicious cooking at Million Hearts [tag]. http://bit.ly/2gvt84JExternal
- The salt shaker isn’t always to blame! Most of the sodium in our diets actually comes from packaged and restaurant foods. Get tips to reduce sodium at home and on the go. http://bit.ly/2JjgXSxExternal
- DYK the majority of #sodium in our diets actually comes from packaged and restaurant foods? Get tips from @CDCHeart_Stroke to reduce sodium at home and on the go. http://bit.ly/2JjgXSxExternal
- Small #food swaps can make your meals and snacks healthier. Look for ways throughout the day to add more #fruits and #vegetables to your plate. http://bit.ly/2t13cmPExternal
- Eating too much #sodium increases your risk for high blood pressure, a leading risk factor for #HeartDisease and #stroke. Track down the sodium in food with Professor Saul T. http://bit.ly/29ijo4KExternal
- Some of the saltiest foods don’t even taste salty. Check out the top 10 sources of #sodium in your #diet—and see what you can swap! http://bit.ly/2ccVH3aExternal
- The DASH eating plan can help you create a flexible and balanced #HeartHealthy eating style with common foods available at the grocery store. Get started today. http://bit.ly/2x3JoP5External @nih_nhlbi
- From appetizers to mains, find your #recipe inspiration for nutritious AND delicious cooking at @MillionHeartsUS. http://bit.ly/2gvt84JExternal
- Sodium 101: Put Your Sodium Smarts to the TestExternal
See whether your audiences are sodium savvy, and help them learn ways to reduce sodium at home, at the grocery store, and elsewhere!
- Eat Smart, Move More! Cdc-pdf[PDF – 934 KB]
This fillable calendar can help your patients reach their healthy eating and physical activity goals one day at a time.
- DHDSP Twitter, Million Hearts® Twitter, and Million Hearts® Facebook pages
Follow DHDSP and Million Hearts® on social media to share our healthy eating and sodium reduction posts directly on your pages.
- Recipes for a Heart-Healthy LifestyleExternal
Share these affordable, delicious recipes and helpful healthy eating resources.
- DASH Eating PlanExternal
This flexible and balanced eating plan from the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute can help your audiences create a heart-healthy eating style for life.
- Healthy Eating for a Healthy Weight
Find tips for building a healthy eating plan that helps maintain a healthy weight.
- Healthy Eating StyleExternal
Encourage your audiences to start with small changes—there is more than one way to eat healthfully!
- Sodium Reduction in Communities Program (SRCP) Success Stories
These SRCP grantees worked with local schools, hospitals, worksites, and meal programs to lower sodium intake in their communities.
- Understanding Food Nutrition LabelsExternal
Learn how to decode nutrition labels with the American Heart Association to make healthy eating choices.
- Empower People to Make Healthy ShiftsExternal
Discover ideas for small, realistic shifts that can help people adopt healthier eating patterns.
- Strategies to Align Settings with the 2015–2020 Dietary GuidelinesExternal
Get strategies to help audiences make healthier food and beverage choices in a variety of settings, including home, work, and play.