Science-in-Brief: Turning Science Into Action
Science-in-Briefs are concise and user-friendly publication summaries of recently published articles and possible applications for the findings.
Each Science-in-Brief may contain the following sections:
- What is already known on this topic?
- What is added by this document?
- What are the applications for these findings?
- July 2018: A Clustered-Randomized Trial of Blood-Pressure Reduction in Black Barbershops Cdc-pdf[PDF – 146 KB]
- June 2018: 2017 ACC/AHA/AAPA/ABC/ACPM/AGS/APhA/ASH/ASPC/NMA/ PCNA Guidelines for the Prevention, Detection, Evaluation, and Management of High Blood Pressure in Adults Cdc-pdf[PDF – 145 KB]
- March 2016:Population Care Management and Team-Based Approach to Reduce Racial Disparities among African Americans with Hypertension Cdc-pdf[PDF-494K]
- September 2015:Implementation of Strategies to Recognize and Control Hypertension in a Multispecialty Clinic, Montana, 2012–2013 Cdc-pdf[PDF-305K]
- July 2015:Provider Perspectives on Essential Functions for Care Management in the Collaborative Treatment of Hypertension: The P.A.R.T.N.E.R Framework Cdc-pdf[PDF-826K]
- August 2016: Drivers of Racial and Ethnic Disparities in Cardiac Rehabilitation Use: Patient and Provider Perspectives Cdc-pdf[PDF-603K]
- June 2015: Variation in Local Health Department Primary Care Services as a Function of Health Center Availability Cdc-pdf[PDF-802K]
- May 2015: Neighborhood-Level Racial Residential Segregation and the Impact on Cardiovascular Disease Risk Cdc-pdf[PDF-949K]
- March 2015: Sustained Cardiovascular Risk Reduction Programs and Associated Health Outcomes in Rural Communities Cdc-pdf[PDF-595K]
- December 2018: Key Components of Success in a Randomized Trial of Blood Pressure Telemonitoring with Medication Therapy Management Pharmacists Cdc-pdf[PDF – 139 KB]
- April 2018: Medication Synchronization Programs Improve Adherence to Cardiovascular Medications and Health Care Use Cdc-pdf[PDF – 494 KB]
- February 2018: A Project to Promote Adherence to Blood Pressure Medication Among People Who Use Community Pharmacies in Rural Montana, 2014-2016 Cdc-pdf[PDF – 171 KB]
- December 2017: Disparities in Hypertension and Cardiovascular Disease in Blacks: The Critical Role of Medication Adherence Cdc-pdf[PDF – 903 KB]
- November 2017: Factors Predicting Self-reported Medication Low Adherence in a Large Sample of Adults in the U.S. General Population: A Cross-sectional Study Cdc-pdf[PDF – 479 KB]
- June 2017: Prevalence of Cardiovascular Risk Factors and Strokes in Younger Adults Cdc-pdf[PDF – 771 KB]
- July 2016: Characteristics and Outcomes of Stroke Patients Transferred to Hospitals Participating in the Michigan Coverdell Acute Stroke Registry Cdc-pdf[PDF-470K]
- June 2016: Stroke Ready Intervention: Community Engagement to Decrease Prehospital Delay Cdc-pdf[PDF-558K]
- May 2016: Challenges and Opportunities of Endovascular Stroke Therapy Cdc-pdf[PDF-552K]
- August 2015: Stroke in American Indians and Alaska Natives: A Systematic Review Cdc-pdf[PDF-293K]
Science-in-Brief Features summarize multiple research articles on a specific topic.
Search our archived Science-in-Briefs for more on these topics and others.