DC’s Division for Heart Disease and Stroke Prevention (DHDSP) developed toolkits for state health departments, community health workers (CHWs), pharmacists, health care professionals, and employers. The toolkits include policy guidelines, training and educational resources, and successful strategies for heart disease and stroke prevention.
Community Health Worker (CHW) Toolkit
This toolkit provides resources for state health departments to train and support CHWs in their communities. CHWs can also benefit from the training resources and lessons learned from other programs.
Pharmacists can use these resources and tools to help improve patient care. Public health professionals can learn about effective strategies to partner with pharmacists.
Collaborative Practice Agreements (CPA) Toolkit
Advancing Team-Based Care Through Collaborative Practice Agreements [PDF – 4 MB]
This resource is designed to advance team-based care by empowering community pharmacists and prescribers to develop formalized relationships through collaborative practice agreements.
Increasing the Use of Collaborative Practice Agreements Between Prescribers and Pharmacists: A Brief for Decision Makers, Public Health Practitioners, and Prescribers [PDF – 2 MB]
This brief describes how collaborative practice agreements can increase patient access to health care by empowering pharmacists to practice as an extension of physicians and other prescribers to help patients manage or prevent chronic diseases. It provides a summary of the information contained in the Advancing Team-Based Care Through Collaborative Practice Agreements.
The Successful Business Strategies to Prevent Heart Disease and Stroke Toolkit highlights the cost benefits and effectiveness of approaches that employers can take to improve their employees’ health and prevent heart disease and stroke.
Sodium Reduction Toolkits
- Sodium Reduction in Communities Program: Outcome Evaluation Toolkit [PDF – 1 MB] This evaluation toolkit provides guidance and tools for anyone evaluating sodium reduction activities.
- Partnering with Food Service to Reduce Sodium: A Toolkit for Public Health Practitioners [PDF-7.8M] CDC, the National Network of Public Health Institutes (NNPHI), and Health Resources in Action (HRiA) developed this toolkit for public health practitioners.
- Sodium Reduction Toolkit: A Global Opportunity to Reduce Population-Level Sodium Intake This toolkit provides international and national government agencies and public health organizations with a brief overview, tools, and information for developing and implementing sodium reduction programs, policies, and initiatives aimed at lowering sodium intake. Available in English and Spanish.
WISEWOMAN Program Evaluation Toolkit
This evaluation toolkit was developed to provide guidance, tools, and resources to Well-Integrated Screening and Evaluation for WOMen Across the Nation (WISEWOMAN) programs.
- Page last reviewed: August 31, 2017
- Page last updated: August 31, 2017
- Content source: