Webcasts & Webinars
Watch videos and training webinars on a variety of heart disease and stroke topics.
CDC Public Health Grand Rounds Webcasts
Overcoming Barriers to Medication Adherence for Chronic Diseases
This February 2017 webcast featured a panel of leaders in pharmacy, nursing, medicine, and academia who highlighted the burden of medication non-adherence and barriers for adherence among patients with cardiovascular disease and other chronic diseases.
Mind Your Risks and Act FAST to Prevent and Treat Strokes
This May 2016 webcast featured presentations from experts on the importance of knowing the risk for stroke and acting quickly if a stroke occurs. The webcast also discussed how public health programs and health care providers are working together to improve the quality of stroke care and treatment.
Coffee Breaks: Webinar Series
The monthly Coffee Break webinar series offers 20-minute mini-trainings focused on knowledge translation tools and evaluation basics for chronic disease programs. Each session provides an overview of a selected topic and is presented by a CDC subject matter expert.
- September 12, 2017: Arriving at Actionable Evaluation Findings [PDF – 2 MB, 508]
- March 14, 2017: Making the Most of Your Program Logic Model [PDF-1.6M, 508]
- November 8, 2016: Strategies for Effective Reporting and Data Communication for Evaluators [PDF-1.5M, 508]
- September 13, 2016: Getting Back to the Value of Evaluation [PDF-1.6M, 508]
- April 12, 2016: Surveillance and Evaluation Data Resource Guide for Heart Disease and Stroke Prevention Programs [PDF-1.2M, 508]
- March 8, 2016: Economic Evaluation: Alternatives to ROI to Show Societal Benefits [PDF-1.7M, 508]
- February 9, 2016: Reporting Evaluation Findings and Ensuring Use of the Results [PDF-1.5M, 508]
- November 10, 2015: Using Indicators: How to Make Indicators Work for You [PDF-2.3M, 508]
- October 13, 2015: Creating an Effective Dissemination Plan [PDF-1.6M, 508]
- August 11, 2015: Developmental Evaluation and Health System Interventions: A State Example [PDF-1.7M, 508]
- July 14, 2015: Human-Centered Design Meets Evaluation [PDF-1.6M, 508]
- June 9, 2015: Evaluating Health Equity [PDF-2M, 508]
- May 12, 2015: Using NVivo to Analyze Qualitative Data [PDF-794K, 508]
- April 14, 2015: Overview of DHDSP’s Evaluation and Program Effectiveness Team Resources [PDF-1.5M, 508]
- January 13, 2015: Practical Strategies for Culturally Competent Evaluation [PDF-1M, 508]
- December 13, 2016: Resources for Engaging Pharmacists with Managing Hypertension [PDF-1.2M, 508]
- August 9, 2016: Overview of the DHDSP Community Health Worker Toolkit [PDF-1.8M, 508]
- July 12, 2016: Applying the NCCDPHP Knowledge to Action Framework [PDF-2.5M, 508]
- May 10, 2016: Community-Clinical Linkages: A Practitioner’s Guide [PDF-2M, 508]
- January 12, 2016: Overview of DHDSP’s Applied Research and Translation Team [PDF-2M, 508]
- October 10, 2017: Right Place, Right Time: Evidence-based Policy Interventions to Improve Pre-hospital Stroke Care [PDF – 2 MB, 508]
- August 8, 2017: Public Access Defibrillation: The What, Where and How of Policy Alignment with Best Available Evidence [PDF – 2 MB, 508]
- June 14, 2016: Developing Evidence-informed Public Health Policy [PDF-1.7M, 508]
Search our archived Coffee Breaks.
- Page last reviewed: November 21, 2017
- Page last updated: November 21, 2017
- Content source: