Chronic Disease GIS Snapshots
These brief reports feature the work of participants in the GIS Surveillance for Heart Disease, Stroke, and Other Chronic Diseases in State and Local Health Departments Project. Maps from many participants have been published as GIS Snapshots in CDC’s Preventing Chronic Disease Journal, and four one-page fact sheets were also disseminated. Each brief report features a map along with information on why the map was created and how it is being used to support existing priorities within the health department.
GIS Snapshots in CDC's Preventing Chronic Disease Journal
- Igoe B, McDermot D, Stahre M. Strengthening the Connection Between the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program and Farmer’s Markets. Prev Chronic Dis 2016;13:160186. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5888/pcd13.160186.
- Darsie B, Rico J, Gadgil M, Tootoo J. Colorectal Cancer Burden and Access to Federally Qualified Health Centers in California. Prev Chronic Dis 2015;12:150162.
- Mendy VL, Perryman B, Hawkins J, Dove C. Planning for the Strategic Recruitment of Barbershops for Blood Pressure Screenings and Referral in the Mississippi Delta Region. Prev Chronic Dis 2014;1.
- Ruberto RA, Brissette IF. Geographic Access to Diabetes Prevention Program Sites: New York State Department of Health. Prev Chronic Dis 2014;11:130400.
- Peacock JM. Tracking Clinic Performance to Improve Vascular Care: Minnesota Department of Health. Prev Chronic Dis 2013;10:130301.
One-Page Fact Sheets
- Addressing Food Deserts Through SNAP Reimbursement at Farmers' Markets: Indiana State Department of Health [PDF-146K]
- Improving Access to Patient-Centered Medical Homes: Louisiana Department of Health and Hospitals [PDF-305K]
- Improving Accurate Blood Pressure Monitoring: Maine Center for Disease Control and Prevention [PDF-178K]
- Preventing Hospital Readmissions for Heart Failure Through Home Care Agencies: Montana Department of Public Health and Human Services [PDF-326K]
- Page last reviewed: December 14, 2016
- Page last updated: December 14, 2016
- Content source: