Chronic Disease GIS Snapshots
These brief reports feature the work of participants in the GIS Surveillance for Heart Disease, Stroke, and Other Chronic Diseases in State and Local Health Departments Project. Maps from many participants have been published as GIS Snapshots in CDC’s Preventing Chronic Disease Journal, and four one-page fact sheets were also disseminated. Each brief report features a map along with information on why the map was created and how it is being used to support existing priorities within the health department.
GIS Snapshots in CDC’s Preventing Chronic Disease Journal From States That Have Participated in the GIS Capacity Building Project
- Johnson EP, Dunn M, Cooper M, Bhakta N. Diabetes Prevention Program Sites Compared With Diabetes Prevalence and Ratio of Primary Care Physicians in Texas. Prev Chronic Dis 2019;16:190175. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5888/pcd16.190175
- Newby-Kew A, Grigsby C, Utermohle CJ. Community-Level Breast Cancer Screening Estimates, Alaska, 2014. Prev Chronic Dis 2019;16:180654. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5888/pcd16.180654
- Pizzonia C, Pied D, Huston SL, Albert PF, Parent G, Morse N. Using Local Data on Adults Aged 18 to 64 to Tailor Interventions for Blood Pressure Medication Adherence in Maine. Prev Chronic Dis 2019;16:180456. DOI:http://dx.doi.org/10.5888/pcd16.180456
- Holmes JR, Tootoo JL, Chosy EJ, Bowie AY, Starr RR. Examining Variation in Life Expectancy Estimates by ZIP Code Tabulation Area (ZCTA) in Hawaii’s Four Main Counties, 2008–2012. Prev Chronic Dis 2018;15:180035. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5888/pcd15.180035
- Gardner LD, Domingo C, Johnston J, Harshbarger H, Tai KL. Evaluating the Resources and Need for a Lung Cancer Screening Pilot Program in Maryland. Prev Chronic Dis 2018;15:170434. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5888/pcd15.170434
- Igoe B, McDermot D, Stahre M. Strengthening the Connection Between the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program and Farmer’s Markets. Prev Chronic Dis 2016;13:160186. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5888/pcd13.160186.
- Darsie B, Rico J, Gadgil M, Tootoo J. Colorectal Cancer Burden and Access to Federally Qualified Health Centers in California. Prev Chronic Dis 2015;12:150162.
- Mendy VL, Perryman B, Hawkins J, Dove C. Planning for the Strategic Recruitment of Barbershops for Blood Pressure Screenings and Referral in the Mississippi Delta Region. Prev Chronic Dis 2014;1.
- Ruberto RA, Brissette IF. Geographic Access to Diabetes Prevention Program Sites: New York State Department of Health. Prev Chronic Dis 2014;11:130400.
- Peacock JM. Tracking Clinic Performance to Improve Vascular Care: Minnesota Department of Health. Prev Chronic Dis 2013;10:130301.
Click here for a complete list of all GIS Snapshots published by Preventing Chronic Disease.