New Clinic to Increase Capacity in Scheduling Initial Appointments for Survivor Enrollees
The WTC Health Program has been working to address the time required for scheduling appointments for enrolled survivors to get their initial health evaluations. To increase the number of appointments, we will launch a new clinic at 156 William Street in Lower Manhattan. This clinic will provide appointments for initial health evaluations - in-depth exams that look for physical and mental health conditions that may be related to the WTC disaster. For health conditions that are approved (“certified”) as WTC-related, the William Street Clinic will coordinate survivors’ care with WTC providers in the New York metropolitan area.
We expect the clinic will be open in late August 2018. Appointments will be scheduled based on enrollment dates, so that those new members who have been waiting the longest will be seen first. Members will be contacted either by phone or mail when they have been assigned to a clinic (either the new William Street Clinic or the existing NYC Survivor Program, New York City Health + Hospitals (H+H)) and it is time to schedule an appointment.
If a member has a serious health condition, such as cancer or interstitial lung diseases, that is believed to be related to 9/11 exposures, and is currently in need of treatment for this condition, please contact the WTC Health Program Call Center at 1-888-982-4748 for help in getting an appointment faster.
If you are seeking certification for a claim with the September 11th Victim Compensation Fund (VCF), administered by the Department of Justice (DOJ), we work closely with the VCF and they are aware of these delays, as well as the timeline and actions to address the delays.
For more information about the scheduling delays, please see our previous notice.
Questions and Answers about the William Street Clinic
- What is the William Street Clinic?
- Where is the new clinic?
- When will the William Street Clinic open?
- What is an Initial Health Evaluation?
- How will opening the William Street Clinic help with the delays?
- How long will it take to get an appointment at either the William Street Clinic or H+H?
- I am seeking certification of my health conditions for my claim with the Victim Compensation Fund (VCF). Is the VCF aware of these delays?
- Can a member choose whether to go to the William Street Clinic or H+H?
- Will members have to pay anything for their care?
- Is the new clinic the same as a Clinical Center of Excellence?
- Is the new clinic permanent?