The FAQs located on this page cover several areas of the WTC Health Program. The areas covered by the FAQs are listed in the box on the right entitled "On this page." If you have additional questions that are not covered in the FAQs below, please email your question to WTC@cdc.gov or contact us toll-free at 1-888-982-4748.Show All / Hide All
The WTC Health Program and How it Works
New York City, Pentagon, or Shanksville Responder Thinking About Enrolling in the WTC Health Program
Survivor Thinking About Enrolling in the WTC Health Program
Health Conditions Covered by the WTC Health Program and How to Receive Benefits
Medically Necessary Dental Care Covered by the Program for Members with Head and Neck Cancers
Where to Receive WTC Health Program Monitoring and Treatment Services
Clinical Centers of Excellence
Nationwide Provider Network
Your Medications are Generic Brands and You are Asking Why and are They Effective
You Disagree with an Enrollment or Disenrollment Decision Made by the WTC Health Program
- Who may request an appeal?
- When can I request an appeal?
- How do I request an appeal?
- What is required to be included in my appeal letter request?
- What else can I include in my appeal request letter?
- What happens when my appeal request is received?
- If my appeal request is accepted for review, what happens next?
- What happens if my appeal is not accepted for review?
- How will the Federal Official review my appeal?
- Who makes the final decision on my appeal?
- How will I be informed of the final decision on my appeal?
- What happens if my appeal is denied by the Administrator?
Using a Representative
- Can I designate someone to represent me during the appeal process?
- When can I designate a representative for my appeal?
- How do I designate a representative for my appeal?
- How will my representative be recognized by the WTC Health Program?
- Can I have more than one designated representative at a time?
- Who is my representative if I am less than 18 years old?