Statement from the Program on the Upcoming Nationwide Provider Network Expansion
June 30, 2023
The World Trade Center (WTC) Health Program is pleased to announce that the Nationwide Provider Network (NPN)–administered by Managed Care Advisors (MCA)-Sedgwick–is in the process of expanding their network of Program providers.
The expanded NPN network will:
- significantly increase the number of clinicians and care providers available through the NPN to over 1 million, including some major hospital systems.
- include more behavioral health providers,
- keep all current providers in network,
- be available to all NPN members, and
- be fully rolled out in August 2023.
This expansion is made possible through new provider network agreements. The NPN will now have access to additional networks such as First Health. These new networks in combination with the Prime Health Services network means a substantially expanded network of providers available to the NPN.
We understand that some NPN members have experienced issues since the August 2022 NPN transition. This network expansion is one of several steps being taken to improve service and access to care in the NPN. The WTC Health Program and MCA-Sedgwick remain committed to meeting and exceeding the needs of all NPN members.
Currently MCA-Sedgwick is completing important work to implement the new network (such as claims processing and provider notification). They are also proactively reaching out to members who have critical care needs and do not currently have in-network providers near them.
More information, including how members can access providers in the expanded network, will be shared by email and mail with all NPN members closer to the end of the implementation phase in August of 2023. Responders and Certified-Eligible Survivors will also receive an updated NPN Member ID card at that time.
We need your help to ensure as quick and efficient an implementation process as possible. Please:
- Wait to call MCA-Sedgwick about the expansion or changing providers until the implementation is complete in August of 2023 if you already have a provider or don’t need an appointment. This will help keep call wait times short.
- Do not use any online provider lookup tools from First Health, Prime, or any other network. These will not accurately show available NPN providers. To check if a provider is in-network call MCA-Sedgwick call center at 800-416-2898, Monday-Friday, 8:00 AM – 8:00 PM ET.
- Do not contact First Health or Prime directly. They are not involved with the administration of NPN benefits or services and cannot answer NPN questions. All NPN-related matters should be directed to the MCA-Sedgwick call center.
The World Trade Center Health Program is administered by the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health, part of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention in the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
First Health Group Corporation is a wholly owned, independently operated subsidiary of Aetna Inc., a CVS Health company.