Confidentiality and Disclosure
Maintaining confidentiality of study participant data is the primary objective of the Research Data Center (RDC). The confidentiality training, confidentiality forms, and the Disclosure Manual outline the policies and procedures that are required of you and your team to protect the data and prevent disclosure of confidential information. You and your Research Team must complete the confidentiality training and submit the confidentiality forms.
Confidentiality Training – this training module will open in a separate window or tab. It should take 30 minutes to complete. At the conclusion of the training, you will be asked to take a Post-Test assessment. You must score a 100% on this test.
- You need a CDC Train account to access the training.
- Click on the Confidentiality Training Course link above, select login or create account.
- You may get notification that says you need to complete your profile. If so, select go to profile and complete the required fields, save, the close. click Launch, then click OK.
- Once back on the course page, click Launch to go directly to the course page; if you have already taken the course and want to get the assessment, click Mark completed and then OK in the pop-up box. The green box will change from Launch to Post-assessment.
- Take the Post-Assessment.
- On the course page, click Print Certificate and either open or save the pdf certificate.
The confidentiality forms need to be completed each time you submit a new proposal to the RDC. Forms from a former project cannot be accepted.
- Data-Use Agreement [PDF – 169 KB] Regarding conditions of access
- Designated Agent [PDF – 144 KB] (this form must be notarized)
Send these completed, signed forms along with your confidentiality training completion certificate to your RDC Analyst as soon as possible. Forms can be submitted via email or by mail. If sent by email, then make sure the notary seal is visible. You will not be permitted to begin your research until we receive your completed, signed forms.
Disclosure Review Policies and Procedures
RDC disclosure review policies and procedures exist to protect the identity of study participants. You are required to read and follow the procedures outlined and described in the Disclosure Manual: Rules for Researchers [PDF – 296 KB].