Restricted data must be accessed at secure lab in the RDC Network. The RDC Network includes NCHS RDCs and Federal Statistical RDCs (FSRDC).
Note: Remote Access and Staff Assisted are no longer available. Do not select these options in the proposal format.
Questions to consider before selecting a mode of access
- What mode of access supports your data?
- NCHS RDCs are appropriate for all projects.
- NHANES Genetic, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, and Vaccine Safety Datalink are only available at NCHS RDCs.
- United States Cancer Statistics (USCS) is available in SAS and SEERSTAT formats at NCHS RDCs. It is only available in SAS format at FSRDCs.
- National Evaluation of Welfare to Work Strategies (NEWWS) is mailed to researchers after approval. This is the only file approved to leave the RDC Network.
- What statistical software do you plan to use?
- NCHS RDC labs are equip with the most common statistical software packages.
- Software extensions are not readily available.
- Contact the FSRDC to determine available statistical software packages.
- Are you proficient in writing programs for your selected statistical packages?
- You must be able to troubleshoot any problems that arise during your analysis. RDC staff are not required to assist you with writing programs for your analysis.
- NCHS does not allow physical copies of notes or reference materials in FSRDCs. All notes and references materials are submitted electronically to your RDC Analyst for approval prior to your visit.
- Are you a U.S Citizen?
- No, email NCHS RDC (firstname.lastname@example.org ) and FSRDCs to inquire about access requirements before writing your proposal.
- Are you near a NCHS RDC or FSRDCs? Is your organization/institution a FSRDC partner?
- Does your budget support your mode of access?
- The estimated project cost is $3,000 with a range from $1,800 to $12,000. Fees and Invoicing
- FSRDCs may charge additional fees. Contact an FSRDC for more information.
- Page last reviewed: August 10, 2018, 12:00 PM
- Page last updated: August 10, 2018, 12:00 PM
- Content source: