ISRP Americas Section Technical and Annual General Meeting
September 13, 2017
Powered Air-Purifying Respirators Research,
Standards Development Efforts, and Interventions
Crowne Plaza Hotel & Suites, Pittsburgh PA 15241
The ISRP Americas Section will hold its Technical Conference and Annual General Meeting (AGM) at the Crowne Plaza Inn and Suites Southexternal icon, in Pittsburgh, PA on September 13, 2017. An optional social event will be held at BJ’s Restaurant and Brewhouseexternal icon following the meeting. BJ’s is in walking distance of the hotel. The topic for the technical meeting is powered air-purifying respirator (PAPR) research, standards development efforts, and interventions.
Presentations will include the following topics:
- PAPRs: Influences that Shape Designs and Performance Requirements
- National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health Framework for Expanding Powered Air-Purifying Respirator Performance Approval Requirements to Better Meet the Needs of Users
- Comfort, Communication and Protection Perceptions in PAPR Users in Healthcare
- Performance of Powered Air-Purifying Respirators using Simulated Healthcare Worker Exercises
- PAPR Batteries and Chargers
- Hood Utilization and Device Cleanliness Assessment Among PAPR Users in Healthcare
- Comfort and Tolerability Evaluation of Powered Air-Purifying Respirators: Preliminary Findings from a Personal Protective Equipment Readiness Survey for Ebola Virus Disease and Other Contagious Pathogens
- Models of small particle capture in fibrous media can provide valuable insight into filter performance
- Will Powered Air-Purifying Respirators be Effective to Protect Workers against Engineered Nanoparticles?
- Study on the Performance of an Unconventional Half-Mask Breath-Response Powered Air-Purifying Respirator
- PAPRs: Proposed Mandatory Warning Alarm Requirement and Test Method
- PAPRs: Proposed Optional Communication Performance Requirement and Test Method
- Evaluating Respirator Use and Respiratory Protection Programs Among Workers in the Road and Transportation Building Industry
- Development of a Manikin-Based Performance Evaluation Method for Loose-Fitting Powered Air-Purifying Respirators
- Perceived Exertion Responses from Three Absolute Energy Expenditures While Wearing Tight- and Loose Fitting Powered Air-Purifying Respirators
- A Comparison of Two Portable Breathing Recording Devices in a Simulated Healthcare Environment
- Respiratory Flow Characteristics of Healthcare Workers: A Field Study
- Development of Computational Methods for Evaluating Loose-Fitting Powered Air-Purifying Respirators
- Effect of Stockpiling Conditions on Personal Protective Equipment
- Work of Breathing for Respiratory Protection Devices: Results for Powered Air-Purifying Respirators and Flow-Related Factors
Registration is required for this meeting and includes technical sessions as well as lunch and one complimentary drink at the social event. The registration fee is $99 USD for members and $129 USD for non-members.
Registration deadline is September 6, 2017 and early registration is appreciated! Registration is now closed. Please email Judi Coyne for assistance.
Venue & Sleeping Rooms
The meeting will be held at the Crowne Plaza Hotel and Suites, 164 Fort Couch Road, Pittsburgh PA 15241. A limited number of sleeping rooms are being offered on September 12th and 13th, 2017 for $109, including parking, and wireless internet in guest rooms, meeting rooms, and public spaces.
Reservations can be made using this linkexternal icon. Enter your “Check-In” and “Check-Out” dates then click on “Book”. This will take you directly to the reservation site that will has the ISRP special rate pre-loaded. If you prefer to call the hotel, the phone number is (412) 833-5300. The group code is INT. A limited number of rooms at the $109 rate will be available on the 14th as well for those attending the ANSI-accredited USTAG to ISO TC94/SC15 Meeting on September 14, 2017.
ANSI-accredited USTAG to ISO TC94/SC15
The USTAG will host its annual face-to-face meeting on September 14, 2017, also at the Crowne Plaza. Members of the USTAG are encouraged to contact Colleen Miller, firstname.lastname@example.org, to RSVP for the meeting. USTAG members can also leave a message on the USTAG message board: https://ustagtoisotc94sc15.basecamphq.com/projects/8927750-ustag-meeting-agendas/posts
ISRP Meeting Date: Wednesday, September 13, 2017
USTAG Meeting Date: Thursday, September 14, 2017
Discount Hotel Room Cutoff Date: August 13, 2017
Registration Deadline: September 6, 2017, Registration is now closed. Please email Judi Coyne for assistance.
Announcement letterpdf icon [PDF – 329 KB]