NIOSH Mining Infographics
Helping Mines Control Respirable Silica Dust
This set of dust exposure infographics presents four methods to work safer around silica dust.
Steps to Ladder Safety
This infographic presents the six steps workers can take to safely use a ladder. Check out the coordinating resources, too.
Haul Trucks Can Kill!
Use this infographic to see the six key actions haul truck drivers can take to help prevent a fatal accident.
Are your guards creating hazards? Design the hazard out of the guard!
This infographic shows how machine guards can have their own hazards—and what to do about them.
Falls Can Kill!
Use this infographic to learn five actions workers can take to avoid a fall.
Don't Slip Up!
Use the tips in this infographic to improve conditions on inclined walkways.
Do Your Workers Show Signs of Fatigue?
Use this infographic to learn about the effects of fatigue on workers.
10 Sleep Tips for Miners
Use the tips in this infographic to help miners get proper rest.
Now Hear This!
Use this infographic to learn how to protect your hearing to avoid occupational noise-induced hearing loss.
Reduce Float Dust Explosion Hazards: Add an In-line Wetter Scrubber
View this NIOSH infographic for information on adding an in-line wetted scrubber to reduce float dust.
Reduce Your Dust Exposure: Choose the Right Filter
View this NIOSH infographic for information on choosing the right filter to reduce dust exposure.
Fall Protection: As Easy as 1-2-3
Use this infographic to help mine workers identify three essential steps to take when using a personal fall arrest system: (1) select and inspect, (2) put on, and (3) tie off.
Fall Protection: As Simple as A-B-C
Use the infographic to help mine workers identify three essential components of a fall arrest system: (A) anchor, (B) body harness, and (C) connecting device.
- Modernization and Further Development of the NIOSH Mine Emergency Response Training System (MERITS), Phase 1
- Reducing Non-Contact Electric Arc Injuries: An Investigation of Behavioral and Organizational Issues
- Technology News 491 - NIOSH Releases Two New Safety Training Videos
- Technology News 502 - A New Training Video for Aggregate Operators: Aggregate Training for the Safety Impaired
- Technology News 506 - The Sky is Falling!: NIOSH Releases Safety Video for Surface Mining Operations
- Technology News 522 - Blast Area Security: Flyrock Safety
- Technology News 524 - HazComWriter Compliance Tool for MSHA Rule 30 CFR Part 47 or OSHA Rule 29 CFR 1910.1200
- Tell Me a Story: Using Stories to Improve Occupational Safety Training
- Tell Me a Story: Why Stories are Essential to Effective Safety Training
- Toolbox Training on Flyrock Awareness