Mining Product: Infographic: Steps to Ladder Safety
Original creation date: November 2020
Authors: A Whitson, L Kocher
This infographic provides six major tips and related advice for ladder safety among miners. The data informing this infographic are based on a NIOSH analysis of nonfatal injuries reported to MSHA between 2010 and 2015 involving ladders. The recommendations are based on CFR 30 56.11011, CFR 29 1926.1053, and ANSI ASC A14.3-2008.
Read more about NIOSH research on preventing slips, trips, and falls in the workplace.
Get the NIOSH Ladder Safety App to help you use ladders safely.
- Burden Associated with Nonfatal Slip and Fall Injuries in the Surface Stone, Sand, and Gravel Mining Industry
- Contributing Factors to Slip, Trip, and Fall Fatalities at Surface Coal and Metal/Nonmetal Mines
- Don't Slip Up!
- Falls Can Kill!
- Infographic: Falls Can Kill!
- Slip, Trip, and Fall Hazard Identification, Investigation, and Remediation at Surface Mining Facilities
- Slip, Trip, and Fall Prevention for Mining
- Steps to Ladder Safety