Mining Product: Infographic: Steps to Ladder Safety
Original creation date: November 2020
Authors: A Whitson, L Kocher
This infographic provides six major tips and related advice for ladder safety among miners. The data informing this infographic are based on a NIOSH analysis of nonfatal injuries reported to MSHA between 2010 and 2015 involving ladders. The recommendations are based on CFR 30 56.11011, CFR 29 1926.1053, and ANSI ASC A14.3-2008.
Read more about NIOSH research on preventing slips, trips, and falls in the workplace.
Get the NIOSH Ladder Safety App to help you use ladders safely.
For Spanish speakers, download the same infographic with text in Spanish.
- Burden Associated with Nonfatal Slip and Fall Injuries in the Surface Stone, Sand, and Gravel Mining Industry
- Contributing Factors to Slip, Trip, and Fall Fatalities at Surface Coal and Metal/Nonmetal Mines
- Don't Slip Up!
- Falls Can Kill!
- Infographic: Falls Can Kill!
- Slip, Trip, and Fall Hazard Identification, Investigation, and Remediation at Surface Mining Facilities
- Slip, Trip, and Fall Prevention for Mining
- Steps to Ladder Safety